SDFtool Flasher

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
bub1551

Re: SDFtool Flasher

Post by bub1551 »

Mr_Orange wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:27 pm
You don't need to change the encryption setting since SDFTool detects that automatically. If you check the first post, you will see that your firmware is not encrypted.
Hmm, well now I feel dumb. I thought I had left the encryption alone previously and tired and received an error (no I didn't think to save it). Tried a couple times with no change so assumed it was related to that. Just tried again, left the encryption alone, and all good now so no idea what I was doing wrong initially.

Thanks!
botus

Post by botus »

Hi Experts,

sometime back flashed an old 2012 NS40 running 1.03 FW with the evil rubbish off the LG site...
been messing about reading every clue how to undo for 2 years... I'm very confused, over the years I've been able to do multiple bits of multiple ideas but nothing works

re reading and trying yet again, I now realise the comments my hardware is too old to run UHD but two tools tells me it is ?
in recent attempts I can now see I get two firmware files to always run using SDFlasher - never had any success loading anything to it before

I thought the drive is a LG BH16NS40 (NS40) dated 2012 12 10
no old world NS40 firmware loads since I put NS50 1.05 on it (years ago 2013 to 2015 I had gone from 1.00 to 1.02 and 1.03 no problem)

straight flash files I can get to run are
DE_LG_WH16NS60_1.00.bin

realising no 'NS40' FW will load in anyways shape or form, today I realised as it thinks its MT1959 hardware I can straight flash this
DE_flash_HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_WH16NS40_1.02_NS50.bin

I guess I killed it - but I don't see why you can't unscramble it...
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

botus wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:10 am
Hi Experts,

sometime back flashed an old 2012 NS40 running 1.03 FW with the evil rubbish off the LG site...
been messing about reading every clue how to undo for 2 years... I'm very confused, over the years I've been able to do multiple bits of multiple ideas but nothing works

re reading and trying yet again, I now realise the comments my hardware is too old to run UHD but two tools tells me it is ?
in recent attempts I can now see I get two firmware files to always run using SDFlasher - never had any success loading anything to it before

I thought the drive is a LG BH16NS40 (NS40) dated 2012 12 10
no old world NS40 firmware loads since I put NS50 1.05 on it (years ago 2013 to 2015 I had gone from 1.00 to 1.02 and 1.03 no problem)

straight flash files I can get to run are
DE_LG_WH16NS60_1.00.bin

realising no 'NS40' FW will load in anyways shape or form, today I realised as it thinks its MT1959 hardware I can straight flash this
DE_flash_HL-DT-ST_BD-RE_WH16NS40_1.02_NS50.bin

I guess I killed it - but I don't see why you can't unscramble it...
You can see guide below but you need to use dos flash
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
botus

Post by botus »

....this is the first time I ever got dos flash to give ANY info - but its not good news (+ the pic I tried to post yesterday) - if we don't include the photos I included it won't make sense for people to help ?

"No Flash chip on this port"

turn off Driver enforcing....

1. Use dosflash to extract the current firmware from your drive.
(Even though it is a NS50 firmware, it still has your original NS40 calibration data).

2. Then you need to use the EEPROM data mover to create a new firmware using the clean firmware you downloaded
and the firmware you just extracted in the previous step.

3. Then use dosflash to flash the newly created firmware to your drive.
Ju-Cls

Post by Ju-Cls »

Hi everyone,
New here, I'm trying to flash my Asus BW-16D1HT that I bought around 2016 or 2017 I think...

I tried SDF tool Flasher but I get the following error message : "The drive you have selected does not have the correct drive platform (MT1959) and cannot be flashed."

Do you know any way to get rid of this message and flash it somehow?

Thanks in advance! :)
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Ju-Cls wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:22 pm
Hi everyone,
New here, I'm trying to flash my Asus BW-16D1HT that I bought around 2016 or 2017 I think...

I tried SDF tool Flasher but I get the following error message : "The drive you have selected does not have the correct drive platform (MT1959) and cannot be flashed."

That means it's to old
Get a more modern drive I recommend a pioneer with old fw from a seller in your region
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Ju-Cls

Post by Ju-Cls »

Billycar11 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:34 pm
Ju-Cls wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:22 pm
Hi everyone,

That means it's to old
Get a more modern drive I recommend a pioneer with old fw from a seller in your region
Okay, Thank you for your reply. :)
downtownkid

Post by downtownkid »

Hello everyone,

Drive Information
OS device name: \Device\CdRom0
Current profile: CD-ROM
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH16NS40
Revision: 1.05
Serial number: KLQK94J1419
Firmware date: 2120-05-06 14:40
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 66

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (patched version available)
Firmware version: 1.05
DVD all regions: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw data read: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw metadata read: Possible (with patched firmware)
Unrestricted read speed: Possible (with patched firmware)

No disc inserted

Can this be flashed back to V1.03? I've tried the SDF flashing too with no luck. Can someone give me a hand here. I am a newbie with all of this.

Thanks!
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

downtownkid wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:43 pm
Hello everyone,

Drive Information
OS device name: \Device\CdRom0
Current profile: CD-ROM
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH16NS40
Revision: 1.05
Serial number: KLQK94J1419
Firmware date: 2120-05-06 14:40
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 66

LibreDrive Information
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (patched version available)
Firmware version: 1.05
DVD all regions: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw data read: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw metadata read: Possible (with patched firmware)
Unrestricted read speed: Possible (with patched firmware)

No disc inserted

Can this be flashed back to V1.03? I've tried the SDF flashing too with no luck. Can someone give me a hand here. I am a newbie with all of this.

Thanks!
The guide recommends "WH16NS40 on any Firmware directly to > WH16NS60 1.02MK"

Contained in The all you need firmware pack

1.05 FW is encrypted, so make sure 'Encrypted Firmware' is checked (should be automagic?).
bababu

Post by bababu »

Hello Guys!
Today I got my Hitachi-LG BU40N Internal UHD Blu-Ray/DVD Drive/Burner. I knew that i had to flash it first, so i can get start to work!
But when i select my Drive and my Firmware to write and press the start button, nothing starts. It is like i haven't even pressed the start button. It happened when i tried to flash to DE_LG_BU40N_1.03_MK and also with DE_LG_BU40N_1.00_MK.
It looks like the first picture in the attachements.
My current version of the drive is in the 2nd attachment pic.

I already read that I have to crossflash to get to 1.00 but my problem is, I can't even flash to 1.03_MK because nothing is happening ....

https://imgur.com/edHroc1
https://imgur.com/oLke9Ow
Last edited by bababu on Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
waitin_outside

Post by waitin_outside »

Hello,
I'm a long time user of makemkv. Been using multiple LG and Asus drives without any issues so far. Just replaced one of my my dead Asus BW-16D1X-U with another unit and was trying to flash the FW using SDFtool Flasher v1.3.1 and FW file ASUS-BW-16D1H-U-A204-WM01001-211901041044.bin. The success bar goes all the way up to 100%, tells me the update was successful and nothing happens after that (Shouldn't the tray open and close after the update if I rememebr correctly?) Anyways, makemkv still shows the drive with the same FW it arrived with. What's wrong here? I believe it's Windows 11 but I could be wrong. Please advise.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

waitin_outside wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:23 pm
Hello,
I'm a long time user of makemkv. Been using multiple LG and Asus drives without any issues so far. Just replaced one of my my dead Asus BW-16D1X-U with another unit and was trying to flash the FW using SDFtool Flasher v1.3.1 and FW file ASUS-BW-16D1H-U-A204-WM01001-211901041044.bin. The success bar goes all the way up to 100%, tells me the update was successful and nothing happens after that (Shouldn't the tray open and close after the update if I rememebr correctly?) Anyways, makemkv still shows the drive with the same FW it arrived with. What's wrong here? I believe it's Windows 11 but I could be wrong. Please advise.
Try using the latest version of SDFtool flasher. Also, what firmware did the drive come with?
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

bababu wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:34 pm
Hello Guys!
Today I got my Hitachi-LG BU40N Internal UHD Blu-Ray/DVD Drive/Burner. I knew that i had to flash it first, so i can get start to work!
But when i select my Drive and my Firmware to write and press the start button, nothing starts. It is like i haven't even pressed the start button. It happened when i tried to flash to DE_LG_BU40N_1.03_MK and also with DE_LG_BU40N_1.00_MK.
It looks like the first picture in the attachements.
My current version of the drive is in the 2nd attachment pic.

I already read that I have to crossflash to get to 1.00 but my problem is, I can't even flash to 1.03_MK because nothing is happening ....
There's no pics. Try "insert image" and select the image saved on your hard drive.

Are you using the latest version of SDFtool flasher (v1.3.5)?
How is the drive connected to your PC?
Do you have MakeMKV installed in the default directory?
Did you ensure there is no disc in the drive and the tray is closed?
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
waitin_outside

Post by waitin_outside »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:33 pm
waitin_outside wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 9:23 pm
Hello,
Try using the latest version of SDFtool flasher. Also, what firmware did the drive come with?
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1X-U
Revision: A105
Serial number: KLOM6DB0559
Firmware date: 2120-12-02 11:14
Bus encryption flags: 1F
Highest AACS version: 81

LibreDrive Information
waitin_outside

Post by waitin_outside »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:33 pm
Awesomeness!!!! Latest version of flasher worked.. Hurray!!! :mrgreen: