SDFtool Flasher

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
MartyMcNuts

Re: SDFtool Flasher

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Jman5150 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:17 am
ill try it out and see what happens. havnt tried boot camp before. I assume that has something to do with the encryption part that vm has issues?

just curious why is it smooshing the window of the flasher (assuming you know or its easy to explain). never seen it before...changed resolutions and didnt change anything.

ill load up bootcamp and install windows.

as far as the command line comment...a bit confused. I was just going to use the apps window. is command line worth trying in my vm setup?

command line...? you mean like in the type commands section? so the windows part doesnt work? or command lines better? what would I type or do you have a thread or link on it. thats a new way for me.

to papillon121 )\

thanks for the post.... in response i use mine for the simpler flashes tooo....i think the encyrption is what makes this a messy one and needs different hardware.
Both versions of SDFTool Flasher work with encrypted firmware. The older version has a checkbox for you to check and the newer version automatically checks and sets the option for you.

The GUI may look a bit deformed if you are using a 4K monitor. You can right click the exe and select properties. In the compatibility tab, click "Change high DPI settings" then under "High DPI scaling override" tick the box and select "System (Enhanced)" in the dropbox.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

I have made an update to the flasher. The latest version is v1.3.1.

I have re-enabled the selectable encrypted firmware option for you just in case you need it. On the rare occasion the automatic encryption check is incorrect, or you have an obscure firmware, simply click the ✔ or ✖ to toggle the encryption.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
papillon121

Post by papillon121 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:47 am

I have re-enabled the selectable encrypted firmware option for you just in case you need it. On the rare occasion the automatic encryption check is incorrect, or you have an obscure firmware, simply click the ✔ or ✖ to toggle the encryption.
thank you, but her is what happened

what did i wrong?
Attachments
1.png
1.png (44.37 KiB) Viewed 6154 times
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

papillon121 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:23 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:

what did i wrong?
DO NOT use the bootloader option for that drive. Didn't you read the CAUTION note when hovering mouse over it?
papillon121

Post by papillon121 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:23 pm
papillon121 wrote:
MartyMcNuts wrote:

what did i wrong?
DO NOT use the bootloader option for that drive. Didn't you read the CAUTION note when hovering mouse over it?
yes, but what can i do now? if i dont use it, i get this
Attachments
2.png
2.png (61.33 KiB) Viewed 6124 times
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

papillon121 wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:14 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
papillon121 wrote:

what did i wrong?
Try using the old version of the flasher. See if that helps. DL from first post. If that doesn't work either try using the "modified ASUS flasher"
s.triantafyllidis

Post by s.triantafyllidis »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:25 am
1337_Nerd wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:02 am
I followed the steps exactly. I believe step 3 was the issue as the others seemed to change the drive information afterwards. I attempted both of the steps you recommended, flashing the firmware file from the link you sent as well as flashing the firmware and bootloader of the standard BP60NB10 file. Neither of those produced any results. It goes through the process and says it finished successfully, but does not show any changes when I pull up makemkv.
Ok, thanks for the update. You might just have to hold off for a few days or so until we get a resolution for this.
First of all, thank you for your work.

Today, I purchased a BP50NB40 NB52 and also could not flash the BP60NB10 1.00 MK firmware. Then, I tried the following and it worked. I ran SDFtool Flasher v1.3.1 as Administrator, chose the drive and selected "RECOVER Drive". It asked me to choose the wrong firmware the drive was flashed with and I chose BP50NB40 1.03 MK. Also, I checked "Include boot loader?" just in case and do not know if it was necessary. Then I selected the firmware to write the BP60NB10 1.00 MK and pressed "START". After it was successfully flashed, I inserted an UltraHD Blu-Ray into the drive and was able to rip it with MakeMKV v1.16.5. Hope that helps.
papillon121

Post by papillon121 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:27 pm
papillon121 wrote:
MartyMcNuts wrote:

Try using the old version of the flasher. See if that helps. DL from first post. If that doesn't work either try using the "modified ASUS flasher"
Edit: Allright, i think it worked!

so, just a newbie question: I use MPV Player for my Homecinemy (cause dynamic tonemapping)

Can i use now this bluray drive to watch UHD Blurays with the MPV Player?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

papillon121 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:36 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
papillon121 wrote:

so, just a newbie question: I use MPV Player for my Homecinemy (cause dynamic tonemapping)

You mean play the disc directly? Unofficial UHD playback would only work if you use MakeMKV or AnyDVD as an on-the-fly decrypter.
papillon121

Post by papillon121 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:06 am
papillon121 wrote:
MartyMcNuts wrote:

You mean play the disc directly? Unofficial UHD playback would only work if you use MakeMKV or AnyDVD as an on-the-fly decrypter.
Yes that’s what I mean. And how can I use that? Is it possible to play back the „on the fly playback files“ with the mpv Player?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

papillon121 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:25 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
papillon121 wrote:

Yes that’s what I mean. And how can I use that? Is it possible to play back the „on the fly playback files“ with the mpv Player?
I don't know what mpv player is. Never heard of it. I know you can set up VLC (and possibly other players) integration from the Preferences in MakeMKV.
papillon121

Post by papillon121 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:27 am
papillon121 wrote:
MartyMcNuts wrote:

I don't know what mpv player is. Never heard of it. I know you can set up VLC (and possibly other players) integration from the Preferences in MakeMKV.
Allright that would be great, do you got any link or something like that where I can read about this?
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

papillon121 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:37 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
papillon121 wrote:

Allright that would be great, do you got any link or something like that where I can read about this?
I just said how to do it. If you want more info about it, try using the search function.
papillon121

Post by papillon121 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:29 am
papillon121 wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:37 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:

I just said how to do it. If you want more info about it, try using the search function.
ok it worked, you need to dothis in settings at integration. thank you.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

s.triantafyllidis wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:09 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 3:25 am
1337_Nerd wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:02 am
I followed the steps exactly. I believe step 3 was the issue as the others seemed to change the drive information afterwards. I attempted both of the steps you recommended, flashing the firmware file from the link you sent as well as flashing the firmware and bootloader of the standard BP60NB10 file. Neither of those produced any results. It goes through the process and says it finished successfully, but does not show any changes when I pull up makemkv.
Ok, thanks for the update. You might just have to hold off for a few days or so until we get a resolution for this.
First of all, thank you for your work.

Today, I purchased a BP50NB40 NB52 and also could not flash the BP60NB10 1.00 MK firmware. Then, I tried the following and it worked. I ran SDFtool Flasher v1.3.1 as Administrator, chose the drive and selected "RECOVER Drive". It asked me to choose the wrong firmware the drive was flashed with and I chose BP50NB40 1.03 MK. Also, I checked "Include boot loader?" just in case and do not know if it was necessary. Then I selected the firmware to write the BP60NB10 1.00 MK and pressed "START". After it was successfully flashed, I inserted an UltraHD Blu-Ray into the drive and was able to rip it with MakeMKV v1.16.5. Hope that helps.
Good to know.