SDFtool Flasher

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
SamuriHL

Re: SDFtool Flasher

Post by SamuriHL »

morbius wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:56 pm
Doesn't really matter. 1.02 is probably preferable in that situation.

EDIT: Just saw your newest post. Use 1.00. That's the best firmware.
thanks, will run that on my 16D1HT for a while and see how it goes. I also have an Asus BC-12D2HT on 3.11MK, would that also benefit from being cross-flashed to WH16NS60?
Not really familiar with that drive. It might but others may know more than I on that one.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

morbius wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:56 pm
Doesn't really matter. 1.02 is probably preferable in that situation.

EDIT: Just saw your newest post. Use 1.00. That's the best firmware.
thanks, will run that on my 16D1HT for a while and see how it goes. I also have an Asus BC-12D2HT on 3.11MK, would that also benefit from being cross-flashed to WH16NS60?
No, please leave your BC-12D2HT on 3.11-MK. I've had countless number of people having issues after cross-flashing this particular drive. Please leave it alone.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Good to know. That's not a drive I've had any experience with so always nice to know what to tell people.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

morbius

Post by morbius »

thanks @MartyMcNuts. My 12D2HT is rarely used so will leave it on 3.11MK.

My 16D1HT has been very solid on 3.10MK. My only gripe would be that sometimes when opening UHD discs it can make some alarming seek noises that sound as if the drive is about to die, but it's a bit random and the drive then opens the disc. I'm curious to see if the WH16NS60 firmware helps with that.

But I also now have the BU40N in a Vantec enclosure, and although I've not used it much as yet I would say that while it might be small, it's pretty mighty.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

morbius wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:19 pm
thanks @MartyMcNuts. My 12D2HT is rarely used so will leave it on 3.11MK.

My 16D1HT has been very solid on 3.10MK. My only gripe would be that sometimes when opening UHD discs it can make some alarming seek noises that sound as if the drive is about to die, but it's a bit random and the drive then opens the disc. I'm curious to see if the WH16NS60 firmware helps with that.

But I also now have the BU40N in a Vantec enclosure, and although I've not used it much as yet I would say that while it might be small, it's pretty mighty.
Yep, the BU40N rocks!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
StarForce

Post by StarForce »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:37 pm
StarForce wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:55 pm
Hi, guys!

I bought an ASUS BW-16D1HT E-Green (BULK + S/W) (I can't register it, ASUS.com didn't recognize serial). https://i.imgur.com/MUB5ljk.png

Once installed it prompted a message about updating firmware and I thought it was best idead to do it (I don't remember what versión it was) but now it's v3.10 after updating.

Is there any differences beetwen Green version and other versions?

The procedure is to put "sdftool_flasher.exe" and "DE_ASUS_BW-16D1HT_1.01.bin" in the same folder, double click on "sdftool_flasher.exe" and... https://i.imgur.com/TVBEi9q.png

Do I choose "WRITE Firmware", "READ Firmware", "RECOVER Drive" or "Please select a firmwate to write?

Thanks a lot for your help and efforts.
NO!!!!!!

The attached ASUS 1.01 firmware is only for recovery of an old drive. Do not use it on your drive.

You can download the MK firmware pack on the forum. Put the SDFtool Flasher in the folder with the MK firmware pack and flash drive with ASUS 3.10 from the MK firmware pack.
Didn't do it cause I wasn't sure. I don't understand english very well and that is a particularly serious theme.

I downloaded the file (Modified) ASUS ODD FW Changer (24.08.2019) + UHD Friendly Firmwares + Latest MK Pack (20.07.2020).zip

Inside, there is a file called "ASUS-BW-16D1HT-3.10-WM01601-211901041014.bin" in this directory "mk-firmware-pack-20200720 / MK / ASUS / BW-16D1HT"

Is the file that I have to put in the same folder than the SDFtool Flasher?

Thanks a lot for your help. Really appreciate it!
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

StarForce wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:16 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:37 pm
StarForce wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:55 pm
Hi, guys!

I bought an ASUS BW-16D1HT E-Green (BULK + S/W) (I can't register it, ASUS.com didn't recognize serial). https://i.imgur.com/MUB5ljk.png

Once installed it prompted a message about updating firmware and I thought it was best idead to do it (I don't remember what versión it was) but now it's v3.10 after updating.

Is there any differences beetwen Green version and other versions?

The procedure is to put "sdftool_flasher.exe" and "DE_ASUS_BW-16D1HT_1.01.bin" in the same folder, double click on "sdftool_flasher.exe" and... https://i.imgur.com/TVBEi9q.png

Do I choose "WRITE Firmware", "READ Firmware", "RECOVER Drive" or "Please select a firmwate to write?

Thanks a lot for your help and efforts.
NO!!!!!!

The attached ASUS 1.01 firmware is only for recovery of an old drive. Do not use it on your drive.

You can download the MK firmware pack on the forum. Put the SDFtool Flasher in the folder with the MK firmware pack and flash drive with ASUS 3.10 from the MK firmware pack.
Didn't do it cause I wasn't sure. I don't understand english very well and that is a particularly serious theme.

I downloaded the file (Modified) ASUS ODD FW Changer (24.08.2019) + UHD Friendly Firmwares + Latest MK Pack (20.07.2020).zip

Inside, there is a file called "ASUS-BW-16D1HT-3.10-WM01601-211901041014.bin" in this directory "mk-firmware-pack-20200720 / MK / ASUS / BW-16D1HT"

Is the file that I have to put in the same folder than the SDFtool Flasher?

Thanks a lot for your help. Really appreciate it!
Yes, that is the latest firmware file for your drive. It would be helpful to know how old your drive is and what firmware was on it before you updated it.
StarForce

Post by StarForce »

I bought it on November 27 but I didn't remember what firmware version it had. Just the updating message and then I accepted. That numb I am.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

StarForce wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 1:24 am
I bought it on November 27 but I didn't remember what firmware version it had. Just the updating message and then I accepted. That numb I am.
OK..

Flashing instructions are in the first post of this thread.
36inarow

Post by 36inarow »

Just like to say a big thank you to Mr McNuts

I was expecting this to be a long and frustrating process - instead 10mins to find this tread then piece of pi$$.

For the newbies like me - ASUS BW-16D1HT with FW 3.10 arrived today along with an external 5.25 caddy from Lindy.

Put it all together - download the SDFtool Flasher and am ripping less then 5mins later.

Again, thank you.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

36inarow wrote:
Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:26 pm
Just like to say a big thank you to Mr McNuts

I was expecting this to be a long and frustrating process - instead 10mins to find this tread then piece of pi$$.

For the newbies like me - ASUS BW-16D1HT with FW 3.10 arrived today along with an external 5.25 caddy from Lindy.

Put it all together - download the SDFtool Flasher and am ripping less then 5mins later.

Again, thank you.
You're welcome!! Enjoy!!
Marzellius

Post by Marzellius »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:47 am
ratman7788 wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:16 pm
i am so lost i keep getting a error i want to use this drive to back up uhd disc
Drive Information
OS device name: D:
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BP60NB10
Revision: 1.02
Serial number: SIKYV56JL5051
Firmware date: 2120-05-07 09:35
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 61

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (patched version available)
Firmware version: 1.02
DVD all regions: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw data read: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw metadata read: Possible (with patched firmware)
Unrestricted read speed: Possible (with patched firmware)

No disc inserted
Easy peasy!!

1. Flash BP60NB10 1.02 from the MK firmware pack (with the "enc" option checked as 1.02 is an encrypted firmware).
2. Once that flash has completed, flash BP60NB10 1.00 from the "old" folder in the MK firmware pack.

Done! Start ripping UHD discs!!
Hello,
I have this same drive, can you clarify for me why we have to flash first with the 1.02 firmware? Isn't that the current version? I'm just not clear why you cant just flash to 1.00.

Thanks!
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Marzellius wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:11 am
Hello,
I have this same drive, can you clarify for me why we have to flash first with the 1.02 firmware? Isn't that the current version? I'm just not clear why you cant just flash to 1.00.

Thanks!
Because of downgrade checks
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Weez1000

Post by Weez1000 »

Thank you guys for the hard work you put into this. I got my Asus 16D1HT drive today. It came with 3.10 on it and i flashed the MK 3.10 firmware and it was working in less than 5 minutes. The guides and firmware is most helpful.

Thanks
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Weez1000 wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:03 pm
Thank you guys for the hard work you put into this. I got my Asus 16D1HT drive today. It came with 3.10 on it and i flashed the MK 3.10 firmware and it was working in less than 5 minutes. The guides and firmware is most helpful.

Thanks
You're welcome! Enjoy 😊