Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2023

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
asmcom

Re: Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2023

Post by asmcom »

SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:48 am
And once your drive, whatever it is, is working with libredrive, leave the damn thing alone. Flashing "new" firmware is almost never better in any way.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Well said, this is a very true statement. We flash the drive and test on the best possible firmware and that is the firmware the we drive should stay on.
Asmcom :mrgreen:
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
z55575

Post by z55575 »

Hi there. Well my journey continues.

I have stumbled on a local ad for a Pioneer BDR-AD07BK (BK = Black colour).
Seller wants $80. It is in good visual condition. Since it's in person, I can test it to ensure it actually works and isn't a dud.

Just wondering if this would work with MakeMKV for UHD discs? The drive does not state UHD support, however it DOES support BDXL 3-layer (100GB) and 4-layer (128GB) discs, as well as Pureread/PureDrive v3 (whatever the name is). And I think Libredrive could be flashed based on the firmware list having AD07 listed.

This AD07 model seems to just be a non USB-C remodel of the BDR-XD07, additionally based on this blog I found comparing the two: https://beiznotes.org/difference-betwee ... -and-ad07/
AD07 is also missing the intelligent eco mode, which is not an issue for me.

Thank you.
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

z55575 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:08 pm

Seller wants $80. It is in good visual condition. Since it's in person, I can test it to ensure it actually works and isn't a dud.

Just wondering if this would work with MakeMKV for UHD discs? The drive does not state UHD support, however it DOES support BDXL 3-layer (100GB) and 4-layer (128GB) discs, as well as Pureread/PureDrive v3 (whatever the name is). And I think Libredrive could be flashed based on the firmware list having AD07 listed.

This AD07 model seems to just be a non USB-C remodel of the BDR-XD07, additionally based on this blog I found comparing the two: https://beiznotes.org/difference-betwee ... -and-ad07/

Thank you.
Sent PM, be careful buying drives on Ali Express and Amazon.

Asmcom
Last edited by asmcom on Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
z55575

Post by z55575 »

asmcom wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:26 pm
z55575 wrote:

Thank you.

Asmcom
Hi sorry for lack of clarity, it's being sold by a local chain of used computer/hardware stores. They provide a warranty and in-person testing, this would be an in person purchase, not online form Aliexpress or Amazon or similar. I already went through that with Mercari, never again.

I may also reach out to Pioneer to request a check on the serial number as I took photographs of it.

Mainly just wondering, if based on the specs of the AD07, if it's able to read UHD discs for MakeMKV, or if a drive explicitly needs to be labelled as "UHD Compatible" to read the discs at all.

I would of course test in the shop, but would rather avoid going back if needed.
Thank you!
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

z55575 wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:19 am
asmcom wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:26 pm
z55575 wrote:

Thank you.

Asmcom
Hi sorry for lack of clarity, it's being sold by a local chain of used computer/hardware stores. They provide a warranty and in-person testing, this would be an in person purchase, not online form Aliexpress or Amazon or similar. I already went through that with Mercari, never again.

I may also reach out to Pioneer to request a check on the serial number as I took photographs of it.

Mainly just wondering, if based on the specs of the AD07, if it's able to read UHD discs for MakeMKV, or if a drive explicitly needs to be labelled as "UHD Compatible" to read the discs at all.

I would of course test in the shop, but would rather avoid going back if needed.
Thank you!
No, it reads blu-ray but not UHD.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
alexbar

Post by alexbar »

Hello everybody. My dream is to play UHD discs on PC. So, I have an Amd cpu, and I would like to know if this downgrade method is only for copying discs or also for playing directly through powerdvd, for example?
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

alexbar wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:53 pm
Hello everybody. My dream is to play UHD discs on PC. So, I have an Amd cpu, and I would like to know if this downgrade method is only for copying discs or also for playing directly through powerdvd, for example?
I have always been able to play through Powerdvd with the flashed drives.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

alexbar wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:53 pm
You will never be able to play it officially in powerdvd but you can do direct playback from disc with makemkv integration with vlc jriver ect...
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Motoxxx

Post by Motoxxx »

Hello, what is the minimum PC requirements to run makemkv software? I'm still running on a old PC with Pentium/Window 7
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Considering that some people run it on a Raspberry Pi, your PC should barely run it, but we don't know how long it will be supported. The 32-bit version is still included in the distribution for now.

You've come this far into the 21st century with a 20th century machine as your computer? I still have some for "special projects", but not as a human-interfaced machine...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Motoxxx

Post by Motoxxx »

Yeah, I don't used window PC that much. I have a Chromebook that used most of the time
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Best bet would be to TRY it. This thread is about the drives, but MakeMKV should have no problem running on an older Win7 PC.

After you verify that it's working, you can decide on what drive you use going forward. Depending on what age you're talking about, the PC may have problems PLAYING a UHD file, but it should rip it no problem.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
CNCisRobot

Post by CNCisRobot »

Hi All, I have seen here it said pioneer drives should work, but I have a Pioneer BDR-UD04 with firmware version 1.2 and it does not work. Does this mean thats it no chance to get it to work in the future because of the current firmware as came from purchase.

I am new to the UHD side I always just used normal bluray and dvdfab and no problems but now I own a 4k tv I would love to see 4k films.

I have read a lot on here but I am disabled and on lots of medication so I get confused please accept my apology if I seem silly.

Thanks

Darren.
jt5298

Post by jt5298 »

Hello,
I just downloaded the flasher tool. I am trying to downgrade my LG WH16NS40 to v 1.02. I get this error message write DRAM NG 5/26/03. It freezes up and I can't do anything. Can someone please help me try to figure this out?

Thanks
efp722

Drive reads as "no disc"

Post by efp722 »

Hey everyone,

I have a brand new LG WH16NS40 that was manufactured in August 2022. It came with 1.05 and I was able to get it down to WH16NS40 1.02, but when I insert a BD or UHD, it takes about 1-2 minutes to read it, but comes back as Type: No disc. Not sure where I went wrong or where to go from here. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!