Firmware Extractor 2

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
SamuriHL

Firmware Extractor 2

Post by SamuriHL »

What is it:

A program that allows you to extract firmware bin files from LG and ASUS official flashers. In addition, it will also create Downgrade Enabled (DE) firmware bin files from what is extracted OR a firmware bin file you open.

Usage:

Extract it somewhere, and run it. It will prompt you to open a bin or exe file. Select the LG or ASUS flasher executable you want to extract from OR select a firmware bin that needs to be downgrade enabled.

Examples:

Open WH16NS60.exe (which is the official 1.01 firmware flasher) and you will get HLDS_JB9_BRAND_1.01-00_NOBJ.bin. A HLDS_JB9_BRAND_1.01-00_NOBJ_DE.bin file is NOT written in this case, because the 1.01 firmware is already DE.

Open ASUS ODD FW Updater for BW-16D1HT.exe (which is the official 3.02 firmware flasher) and you will get ASUS ODD FW Updater for BW-16D1HT.bin AND ASUS ODD FW Updater for BW-16D1HT_DE.bin. The _DE version has been patched for downgrade enabled, where as the non _DE version is the original factory firmware bin.

Open flash_ASUS_BW-16D1HT_3.00.bin and will get flash_ASUS_BW-16D1HT_3.00_DE.bin which is downgrade enabled.

Enjoy and let me know if there are any issues. I expect most people won't need this utility, but, I put it out there for those that may.
Attachments
FirmwareExtractor2.zip
(3.55 KiB) Downloaded 3424 times
Billycar11

Re: Firmware Extractor 2

Post by Billycar11 »

Used this on an upcoming DE firmware worked great
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Glad I could help!
asmcom

Post by asmcom »

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the firmware extractor. Great tool.

It is a credit to you how many people you help out on this forum and also your vast knowledge base.

I must say you can learn a lot from reading your posts. As one would say you never stop learning in life and anyone who says they never made a mistake is living in Cuckoo land.

Regards Asmcom
b***t (Fantastic service, comms and item. Best ebay experience ever)
h***i (49) Best communication ever, extremely fast shipping, excellent seller!
Click Here! viewtopic.php?f=20&t=19387
weaker

Post by weaker »

I just tried it out of curiosity on the official BH16NS55_1.05.exe (SHA1: aeadfd7765e41fd27920d695b3b5d37646991c01)
Link to LG Download page
Link to file at LG
and it failed, telling me (translated) in a Windows dialog box "The exception "Unknown software error" (0xe0434352) happened in the application at 0x74ccc5af".

The command window outputted:
Unhandled exception. System.IO.InvalidDataException: The expected entries at the end of the central folder do not correspond to the number of entries in the central directory.
At System.IO.Compression.ZipArchive.ReadCentralDirectory()
at System.IO.Compression.ZipArchive.get_Entries()
at FirmwareExtractor2.Program.Main(String[] args)

Should it work with that updater?

Best regards
weaker
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

weaker wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:24 pm
I just tried it out of curiosity on the official BH16NS55_1.05.exe (SHA1: aeadfd7765e41fd27920d695b3b5d37646991c01)
Link to LG Download page
Link to file at LG
and it failed, telling me (translated) in a Windows dialog box "The exception "Unknown software error" (0xe0434352) happened in the application at 0x74ccc5af".

The command window outputted:
Unhandled exception. System.IO.InvalidDataException: The expected entries at the end of the central folder do not correspond to the number of entries in the central directory.
At System.IO.Compression.ZipArchive.ReadCentralDirectory()
at System.IO.Compression.ZipArchive.get_Entries()
at FirmwareExtractor2.Program.Main(String[] args)

Should it work with that updater?

Best regards
weaker
No, it doesn't work with encrypted firmware.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

No, I wasn't able to add support for them. It's completely different than the old non-encrypted firmware, unfortunately.