NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Drives

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Billycar11

Re: NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Dri

Post by Billycar11 »

CrispyHanako wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:45 pm
I'm not sure if I'm just a total idiot (very well could be the case) or something's up, I've gone down rabbit holes trying this that and the other but no matter what tool I use it just gives me an error.

https://youtu.be/GfZghWBGwQ4

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Read the guide and use sdf tool or command line with enc or email me for an automated flasher all linked below
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
CrispyHanako

Re: NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Dri

Post by CrispyHanako »

Billycar11 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:10 pm
CrispyHanako wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:45 pm
I'm not sure if I'm just a total idiot (very well could be the case) or something's up, I've gone down rabbit holes trying this that and the other but no matter what tool I use it just gives me an error.

https://youtu.be/GfZghWBGwQ4

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Read the guide and use sdf tool or command line with enc or email me for an automated flasher all linked below
Jeez now I really do feel like a moron, commandline worked first time.

Thanks!!!
trav06

Post by trav06 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:09 pm
No problem. Also, I mentioned using 1.01-MK in step 2, which is ok, however, I just wanted to say that BP60NB10 1.00-MK is also good and is what I personally use.
I don't know enough about it, so unless there are advantages to 1.01 I'd likely just go with 1.00 as well. I was going on the often faulty assumption that newer revision = better.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

trav06 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:31 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:09 pm
No problem. Also, I mentioned using 1.01-MK in step 2, which is ok, however, I just wanted to say that BP60NB10 1.00-MK is also good and is what I personally use.
I don't know enough about it, so unless there are advantages to 1.01 I'd likely just go with 1.00 as well. I was going on the often faulty assumption that newer revision = better.
Yes, in the case of drive firmware, newer is definitely not better!
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
dianagreece49

Post by dianagreece49 »

see if you can fully pass the usb controller to the vm then it should work others have reported success like that see here: https://makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... =30#p70355
turok_t

Post by turok_t »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:06 pm
turok_t wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:16 am
Hello, I'm extremely new at did and I've been reading a lot of the posts in this thread. I'm simply looking for a 4k blu ray drive to rip my 4k movies to my PC and was thinking to get the ASUS BW-16D1HT. Do I simply flash it to MK 3.10? or will I need to use the SDFtool if the existing firmware on the drive is encrypted? I just finished reading all 56 pages of this thread! Sorry for the newb question, I just want to make sure I do this right so I don't brick my new drive! Thanks so much!
The ASUS doesn't have encrypted firmware, so yes simply flash 3.10-MK.
Thanks for the reply Marty! Do I just simply use the "ASUS_ODD_FW_Changer_(Modified)" that was posted on the first page, and flash it to "ASUS-BW-16D1HT-3.10-WM01601-211901041014" ?? It can't be that easy! or do I need the SDF tool as well in case if the version of the drive is 3.10+ ? Thanks!
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

turok_t wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:53 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:06 pm
turok_t wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:16 am
Hello, I'm extremely new at did and I've been reading a lot of the posts in this thread. I'm simply looking for a 4k blu ray drive to rip my 4k movies to my PC and was thinking to get the ASUS BW-16D1HT. Do I simply flash it to MK 3.10? or will I need to use the SDFtool if the existing firmware on the drive is encrypted? I just finished reading all 56 pages of this thread! Sorry for the newb question, I just want to make sure I do this right so I don't brick my new drive! Thanks so much!
The ASUS doesn't have encrypted firmware, so yes simply flash 3.10-MK.
Thanks for the reply Marty! Do I just simply use the "ASUS_ODD_FW_Changer_(Modified)" that was posted on the first page, and flash it to "ASUS-BW-16D1HT-3.10-WM01601-211901041014" ?? It can't be that easy! or do I need the SDF tool as well in case if the version of the drive is 3.10+ ? Thanks!
The latest firmware on the ASUS BW-16D1HT is 3.10. Either flasher will work for this one.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
hawk19x

Post by hawk19x »

hey Marty, just stopping by to say thanks for putting this together!

I just downgraded my external USB LG BP50NB40, then flashed it over to the hybrid BP60NB10 you provided and it’s worked like an absolute charm!

The first UHD disc I tried was Solo: A Star Wars Story.
I’ve since learned it’s apparently a bit notorious for not wanting to cooperate, which surprised me as it ripped just as simply as any other non-UHD disc I’ve done before flashing this fw.

awesome job, cheers again!
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

hawk19x wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:07 am
hey Marty, just stopping by to say thanks for putting this together!

I just downgraded my external USB LG BP50NB40, then flashed it over to the hybrid BP60NB10 you provided and it’s worked like an absolute charm!

The first UHD disc I tried was Solo: A Star Wars Story.
I’ve since learned it’s apparently a bit notorious for not wanting to cooperate, which surprised me as it ripped just as simply as any other non-UHD disc I’ve done before flashing this fw.

awesome job, cheers again!
No problem, glad it's working for you.

FYI, this is the older method. It still works but if you use the newer "SDFtool Flasher", the HBD firmware is not needed.
anfield

Post by anfield »

Hello Marty.
Please i need help to get my bricked Lg Bh16NS55 back to work.
it showd now Bh16NS40_boot.
You can help me ?
if i youse the asus lg flasher i get a updating failure #5.
and the sdf flasher 1.20 wont start.
Any Help.
Thanks a lot.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

anfield wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:23 am
Hello Marty.
Please i need help to get my bricked Lg Bh16NS55 back to work.
it showd now Bh16NS40_boot.
You can help me ?
if i youse the asus lg flasher i get a updating failure #5.
and the sdf flasher 1.20 wont start.
Any Help.
Thanks a lot.
I assume you were previously able to rip UHD with this drive? What firmware was it on? What happened to the drive to go into boot mode?

Try using the original LG 1.05 flasher viewtopic.php?f=16&t=24443 to flash the drive to original BH16NS55 1.05 and hopefully it will no longer be in boot mode.

If this works, then use the SDFtool Flasher to flash the drive to a UHD capable firmware.

Step 1: Flash drive to WH16NS60 1.02 MK (with "enc?" checked). If you only use MakeMKV for ripping, stop here, otherwise proceed to step 2.
Step 2: Flash drive to DE BH16NS55 1.02 (no "enc?" this time)
anfield

Post by anfield »

thanks for your Help.
But the LG Flasher not working.
I get an error : valid atapi device can not be found.
F/w model BD-Re BH16ns55.

I used this flasher to update the drive and now i on the drive shows bh16ns40 boot.
the sdf flasher 1.20 does not start if i click on start
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

anfield wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 2:33 pm
thanks for your Help.
But the LG Flasher not working.
I get an error : valid atapi device can not be found.
F/w model BD-Re BH16ns55.

I used this flasher to update the drive and now i on the drive shows bh16ns40 boot.
the sdf flasher 1.20 does not start if i click on start
You could try the old dosflash method. There are lots of threads/posts about it.
anfield

Post by anfield »

any help with the dosflash options are welcome.
Thanks anfield

Dosflash 2.0 says no no chipset found.
Not mtk vendor found etc.
So i give up and take the drive to the trash and buy an new one.

Thanks for Help.

!!!!!
Last edited by anfield on Wed May 05, 2021 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mgutt

Post by mgutt »

Maybe someone is interested:

Upgrade of my LG BH16NS55 through this USB adapter failed:
https://www.amazon.de/AD-U3SA-Adapter-F ... 01C8ZYV04/

This one (or SATA) worked:
https://www.amazon.de/IB-AC704-6G-SATA- ... 01DD9Z15I/