NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Drives

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
zapultin

Re: NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Dri

Post by zapultin »

Hi everybody. Just got the Asus 16D1HT manufactured August 2020 with firmware 3.10.

After researching I confirm that I was able to flash the MK firmware like this:
- download modified Asus flasher (out of this post)
- download the MK firmware https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19&t=19113

Select the MK firmware in the Asus flasher, done! Reading UHD disk as I write this post ;)

The SDFtool flasher produced an error 0x8f05c103 and did not do the job.

And last but not least... I didn't read everything close enough which made me brick my old drive. It is a BH16NS40 manufactured June 2014. If anyone has tips how to get it to work again... but I needed a new drive anyway as the old one, to my understanding now, will never read UHDs. Just a shame that now I have to throw it away...
tibopix

Re: NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Dri

Post by tibopix »

Hello everyone and thank you for this great forum,

I just got an Archgon MD-8107-U3 UHD drive (made in Taiwan) with the below info extracted from MakeMKV.
I've tried flashing it using ASUS_ODD_FW_Changer but the app wouldn't even launch.
After I double click on it, a window slightly flashes on screen, then the ASUS_ODD_FW_Changer app just vanishes from the folder (Windows 10 Pro).
Any help would be greatly appreciated :-D
Informations lecteur
Nom du lecteur SE : \Device\CdRom0
Profil actuel : BD-ROM
Fabricant : HL-DT-ST
Produit : BD-RE BU40N
Révision : 1.01
Numéro de série : XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Date micrologiciel : 2119-10-16 10:32
Marqueurs d'encryptage bus : 1F
Version AACS la plus haute : 68

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (patched version available)
Firmware version: 1.01
DVD all regions: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw data read: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw metadata read: Possible (with patched firmware)
Unrestricted read speed: Possible (with patched firmware)
rob18014

Post by rob18014 »

Windows 10 may be picking it up as malware. Turn off the Windows 10 anti- malware/viris protection until you complete the flash. The (.exe) should not be disappearing. (Flasher) if you have other Antivirus turn it off as well until the flash is complete.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

tibopix wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:10 pm
Hello everyone and thank you for this great forum,

I just got an Archgon MD-8107-U3 UHD drive (made in Taiwan) with the below info extracted from MakeMKV.
I've tried flashing it using ASUS_ODD_FW_Changer but the app wouldn't even launch.
After I double click on it, a window slightly flashes on screen, then the ASUS_ODD_FW_Changer app just vanishes from the folder (Windows 10 Pro).
Any help would be greatly appreciated :-D
Informations lecteur
Nom du lecteur SE : \Device\CdRom0
Profil actuel : BD-ROM
Fabricant : HL-DT-ST
Produit : BD-RE BU40N
Révision : 1.01
Numéro de série : XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Date micrologiciel : 2119-10-16 10:32
Marqueurs d'encryptage bus : 1F
Version AACS la plus haute : 68

LibreDrive Information
Harware support: Yes
Firmware support: No
Firmware type: Original (patched version available)
Firmware version: 1.01
DVD all regions: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw data read: Possible (with patched firmware)
BD raw metadata read: Possible (with patched firmware)
Unrestricted read speed: Possible (with patched firmware)
Just use the SDFtool Flasher instead.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Taturz63

Post by Taturz63 »

Hello,

I recently received an LG BP50NB40 and I have been using it to rip Blu-Rays to my Plex server. I discovered that this drive cannot read UHDs so I was trying to cross-flash it to the LG BP60B10 software, but I am not having success. The (Modified) Asus Flasher Tool throws an "Updating Error # 5" every time I try to flash and when I followed the tutorial that uses CMD to flash the drive and everything seems to run, but the changes are not reflected in MakeMKV. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Taturz63 wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:42 pm
Hello,

I recently received an LG BP50NB40 and I have been using it to rip Blu-Rays to my Plex server. I discovered that this drive cannot read UHDs so I was trying to cross-flash it to the LG BP60B10 software, but I am not having success. The (Modified) Asus Flasher Tool throws an "Updating Error # 5" every time I try to flash and when I followed the tutorial that uses CMD to flash the drive and everything seems to run, but the changes are not reflected in MakeMKV. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
I asume your BP50NB40 is on firmware 1.03? If so, use the SDFtool Flasher and:

1. Flash BP50NB40 1.03 MK with "enc?" checked as you have encrypted firmware.
2. Then flash BP60NB10 1.01 MK without "enc?" checked as you no longer have encrypted firmware.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Emspoppa23

Post by Emspoppa23 »

Just wanted to thank Marty, worked great on a Asus drive I just bought, thanks so much and cheers! :D
CScace

Post by CScace »

Hello! I also have the BP50NB40 on firmware 1.03.

When using the SDFtool Flasher and attempting to flash BP50NB40 1.03 MK, I get "command produced error code 0x8f05c103"

Also, are these the files from https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19&t=19113 ?

Sorry, I'm quite new to these things.

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks! :D
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

CScace wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:52 am
Hello! I also have the BP50NB40 on firmware 1.03.

When using the SDFtool Flasher and attempting to flash BP50NB40 1.03 MK, I get "command produced error code 0x8f05c103"

Also, are these the files from https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19&t=19113 ?

Sorry, I'm quite new to these things.

Help would be much appreciated. Thanks! :D
Yes, the firmware pack is at that link.

The stock BP50NB40 1.03 is an encrypted firmware. Did you check "enc?" before flashing?

You should:
1. Flash BP50NB40 1.03 MK with "enc?" checked as you have encrypted firmware.
2. Then flash BP60NB10 1.01 MK without "enc?" checked as you no longer have encrypted firmware.
hiyo33

Post by hiyo33 »

Quick question. I have an LG UH12Ns40 which has already been pre-flashed to ASUS firmware 3.01. I want to upgrade to 3.10. I have been getting a lot of terrible grinding noise on recent discs. Can the "modified ASUS FW Flasher / MK firmware pack" be used to accomlish this ? Would the process be to just just run the ASUS flasher, and then just choose Asus 3.10 firmware?

Thanks.

Drive platform: MT1959 /
flashed to ASUS Product: BW-16D1HT
Revision: 3.01
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

hiyo33 wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:57 am
Quick question. I have an LG UH12Ns40 which has already been pre-flashed to ASUS firmware 3.01. I want to upgrade to 3.10. I have been getting a lot of terrible grinding noise on recent discs. Can the "modified ASUS FW Flasher / MK firmware pack" be used to accomlish this ? Would the process be to just just run the ASUS flasher, and then just choose Asus 3.10 firmware?

Thanks.

correct.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

hiyo33 wrote:Quick question. I have an LG UH12Ns40 which has already been pre-flashed to ASUS firmware 3.01. I want to upgrade to 3.10. I have been getting a lot of terrible grinding noise on recent discs. Can the "modified ASUS FW Flasher / MK firmware pack" be used to accomlish this ? Would the process be to just just run the ASUS flasher, and then just choose Asus 3.10 firmware?

Thanks.

Did you get that from me? Just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

hiyo33 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:19 am
Yes, you win the prize.
Cool! Feel free to hit me up with stuff like this, happy to help.
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
BucklesMcGee

Post by BucklesMcGee »

Hi, I recently purchased a ASUS BW-16D1HT and it was working with BD/DVD. But today it seems to not be able to read BD's anymore it just shows the "No Disk". Yet DVD's still work fine. So I do not think that it is a sensor issue. Below is what it is showing in MKV.

I have tried and pretty sure successfully loaded the 3.10MK firmware into it. I did have 3.10-01 or something. When I would try to use the tool it would report something about Flash Update. That was when I was trying to go directly to 3.02. I then side loaded to the 3.10MK using the ASUS tool. And yet still same issue. Any guidance would be helpful. Thank you in advance.

Note: I just noticed that the "profile" is showing as DVD-ROM is instead of BD-ROM. How do I change the profile?

Drive Information
OS device name: F:
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Manufacturer: ASUS
Product: BW-16D1HT
Revision: 3.10
Serial number: XXXXXXXXX
Firmware date: 2119-01-04 10:14
Bus encryption flags: 1F

LibreDrive Information
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 3.10
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes

No disc inserted