NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Drives

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Koubafire

Re: NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Dri

Post by Koubafire »

Hello,

I have new ASUS BW-16D1HT. How I can downgrade FW? I have to use MK or DE firmware? Thank you
MartyMcNuts

Re: NEW OPTION: 'UHD Friendly' Firmware Downgrade / Cross-Flash Using Official (Modified) ASUS Flasher for ASUS & LG Dri

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Koubafire wrote:
Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:08 pm
Hello,

I have new ASUS BW-16D1HT. How I can downgrade FW? I have to use MK or DE firmware? Thank you
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22896

You can use either BW-16D1HT 3.10-MK or DE 3.02.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Koubafire

Post by Koubafire »

What the difference between MK and DE?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

DE = an original firmware with the downgrade bit enabled
MK = modified firmware to re-enable the functions needed for LibreDrive
Koubafire

Post by Koubafire »

SamuriHL wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:08 pm
DE = an original firmware with the downgrade bit enabled
MK = modified firmware to re-enable the functions needed for LibreDrive
Ok for software like DEUHD and other dvdfab is better 3.10 MK or 3.01 DE?
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

The 3.02 is better for critical discs if read errors occur, 3.10 is faster for uncritical read-outs.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Koubafire wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 5:46 pm
Ok for software like DEUHD and other dvdfab is better 3.10 MK or 3.01 DE?
Can't speak to DeUHD as I don't use it but DVDFab will work on 3.02. I THINK it also works on 3.10MK but it's been a while since I've used that drive and don't currently have a working machine to test it on without ripping apart a USB case. Strictly speaking, DVDFab tends to favor original firmware.
michaelsft

Post by michaelsft »

HI, I have the ASUS BW-16D1HT and in the past I flash the following firmware to it: ASUS-BW-16D1HT-3.10-WM01601-211901041014.bin

I am trying to sell it but if I can't find a buyer who wants a flashed drive I'd have to sell it as stock again. Is it possible to flash it back using the new SDFTool and could someone be kind enough to point me to the correct firmware that I would need?

Sorry to be a pain, I have been looking on here but there is a lot of information to go through and it's a little confusing to me.

LibreDrive Information in MakeMKV
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 3.10
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

michaelsft wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:43 pm
HI, I have the ASUS BW-16D1HT and in the past I flash the following firmware to it: ASUS-BW-16D1HT-3.10-WM01601-211901041014.bin

I am trying to sell it but if I can't find a buyer who wants a flashed drive I'd have to sell it as stock again. Is it possible to flash it back using the new SDFTool and could someone be kind enough to point me to the correct firmware that I would need?

Sorry to be a pain, I have been looking on here but there is a lot of information to go through and it's a little confusing to me.

LibreDrive Information in MakeMKV
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Patched (microcode access re-enabled)
Firmware version: 3.10
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
No need to sell it as stock that's silly the firmware does not effect any of the features so you can just leave it
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
michaelsft

Post by michaelsft »

Sure but the sleep bug issue definitely does affect it if you don't know why it happens.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

michaelsft wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:00 am
Sure but the sleep bug issue definitely does affect it if you don't know why it happens.
yeah but the sleep bug only happens on UHD discs and if your using this as a stock drive it would never even see UHD discs
so again its only benefits
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
JediFonger

Post by JediFonger »

thank you for this tool, i bought this drive a while ago and finally had a 4k UHD disc i wanted to rip/backup and downloaded the Asus Flasher .exe & loaded the mk 3.10 firmware and it was done in a jiffy! fantastic!

ASUS BW-16D1HT

thank you!

strangely enough i used the SDFtool Flasher 1.3.4 GUI and did the same but that one didn't work, even though i restarted the computer. weird.
metaleggman

Post by metaleggman »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:38 pm
metaleggman wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:55 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:15 pm

If you have used the SDFtool Flasher, did you read the thread?? The HBD firmware were made obsolete once the SDFtool Flasher became available. I have flashed plenty of WP50NB40 drives for UHD ripping. It is exactly the same process as the BP50NB40.

1. Flash drive to WP50NB40 1.03-MK.
2. Flash the drive to BP60NB10 1.00-MK
3. Enjoy ripping UHD discs.

Since you have already flashed the drive to the HBD firmware, I suggest trying step 2 above. If it won't flash, use the recovery option to get back to WP50NB40 1.03-MK firmware, then start again from step 1.
Yes haha, I did read the thread, but I was playing around and tried the HBD firmware because the BP60NB10 firmware didn't work. I just recovered to get back to the WP50NB40 1.03-MK firmware, but even then, when flashing to the BP60NB10 1.00-MK firmware, it still can't read my UHD discs in MakeMKV :oops: Before I flashed anything, I made sure to dump the oem firmware it came with. Should I attempt to recover to or flash that firmware and perhaps attempt to start over clean? Regular BDMVs are read just fine by MakeMKV. Is it possible my drive is compatible with the WP50NB40-NB50 1.03-MK firmware to unlock LibreDrive, but not able to read UHD movies? Is there any way to tell the drive has been flashed correctly, like a change in the Drive Information in MakeMKV? When I originally flashed 1.03-MK, it showed that LibreDrive had been fully enabled, but when flashing any other firmware after that, everything seems to stay the same.

To be clear, after flashing to the BP60NB10 1.00-MK firmware, and upon inserting a UHD disc (in this case Once Upon a Time in Hollywood), the drive will make some seeking noises for about two minutes, and then MakeMKV will say there's no disc in the drive.

The SDFtool Flasher seems fairly well made and easy to use, hence why I'm wondering if my drive seemingly can't be made to read UHD discs, mine specifically I suppose. Especially since your instructions in the threads are fairly straightforward.
The BP50NB40 and WP50NB40 MK firmware unlocks LibreDrive but the firmware still does not allow UHD ripping. This is why the BP60NB10 1.00-MK firmware is used. I really don't see how the firmware "didn't work." It either flashed successfully or it didn't. Your issue is hard to diagnose as you really need to try multiple UHD discs first. No one drive will read every UHD disc. Some drives just don't like certain discs and refuse to read them, thus the reason why a large portion of people have 2+ drives. It could also be a case of your UHD disc being bad. Try cleaning the disc before trying to read it again and see how that goes.
I actually had used multiple UHD discs, but just mentioned one. I just now re-flashed it using the new flasher and it worked! Huzzah! Don't know why it didn't work before, but I tried ripping The Big Lebowski, didn't work, reflashed, used recovery, boom, it worked. Don't know if something changed between then and now, or if I just did it wrong before, but either way, love all of y'all helping us. :D
jsmith1299

Post by jsmith1299 »

Hi All,

I have a BW-12b1st manufactured in May 2013 with version 1.00. When I try to burn anything using Nero it just spits the disc out and errors. Is there any firmware I can cross flash this with? I had this drive lying around and never used it until today.

Thanks
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

jsmith1299 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2023 7:30 pm
Hi All,

I have a BW-12b1st manufactured in May 2013 with version 1.00. When I try to burn anything using Nero it just spits the disc out and errors. Is there any firmware I can cross flash this with? I had this drive lying around and never used it until today.

Thanks
Nope.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com