Where to buy

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
KingJohn

Where to buy

Post by KingJohn » Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:17 am

Hi all, been a while since I've been here. Last lime was prblems with TV not playing my conversations.

Thanks to Mkv gormat TV playes them all.

Ok i keep my 4K and Blu-ray disks safe, heck they cost a lot, so make backup on my network drives.

So, ive never "ripped" a 4K disk, i do have a hdmi backup device that can make mp4 which is then changed to mkv for tge annoying TV.

I would like to be able to backup a 4K just so that i achived one of the items on my bucket list 😭

I see on Amazon that a USB 3 4K player, with Blu-ray writer, make is Nolyth

Yer ive never heard of them, i use a LG PC internal Sata drive, now connected via a Sata to USB interface for Blu-ray plugged into a laptop, PC long gone.

So where in the UK would i be able to buy a drive for 4K ripping. Not going to be used much, as i dont buy many 4K unless its a really good movie.

Ive heard Pioneer, but must be old version, ive only just learned a bit about flashing the drives, use to flash DVD many years ago.

So would i get one from eBay or Amazon, or somewhere where i can return if the device dont work (before i flashed) my fault if it gets bricked, so wouldn't return then.

Or if anyone has new drives already flashed and working with makemkv that be good. Im not rich, so need to watch my spending.

Thanks in advance, lot of what ive read is USA buying, so was hoping it would be a reputable company in UK

Cheers

P.s
Ive searched to update email address and password, can find anything in my profile....

Billycar11

Re: Where to buy

Post by Billycar11 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 2:35 am

See guide below don't buy a drive unless it's on the list or pioneer with old fw
I have those if you want one but I'm USA only unless you use a freight forwarder.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com

MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts » Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:37 am

KingJohn wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:17 am
Hi all, been a while since I've been here. Last lime was prblems with TV not playing my conversations.

Ok i keep my 4K and Blu-ray disks safe, heck they cost a lot, so make backup on my network drives.

So, ive never "ripped" a 4K disk, i do have a hdmi backup device that can make mp4 which is then changed to mkv for tge annoying TV.

I would like to be able to backup a 4K just so that i achived one of the items on my bucket list 😭

Yer ive never heard of them, i use a LG PC internal Sata drive, now connected via a Sata to USB interface for Blu-ray plugged into a laptop, PC long gone.

So where in the UK would i be able to buy a drive for 4K ripping. Not going to be used much, as i dont buy many 4K unless its a really good movie.

Ive heard Pioneer, but must be old version, ive only just learned a bit about flashing the drives, use to flash DVD many years ago.

So would i get one from eBay or Amazon, or somewhere where i can return if the device dont work (before i flashed) my fault if it gets bricked, so wouldn't return then.

Or if anyone has new drives already flashed and working with makemkv that be good. Im not rich, so need to watch my spending.

Thanks in advance, lot of what ive read is USA buying, so was hoping it would be a reputable company in UK

Cheers

P.s
Ive searched to update email address and password, can find anything in my profile....
There's a whole topic here: viewforum.php?f=20
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com

KingJohn

Post by KingJohn » Mon Jul 29, 2024 7:18 am

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 6:37 am
KingJohn wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:17 am

Cheers

P.s
There's a whole topic here: viewforum.php?f=20
Already been contacted, thanks