BDR-XS07S UHD Flash

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Woodstock

Re: BDR-XS07S UHD Flash

Post by Woodstock »

CompletelyLawless wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2024 6:30 pm
There is no way to downgrade to 1.01 if I locate a copy of that firmware?
If you could figure out how to install an older version of the software, there are a LOT of people who would want to talk to you. Unfortunately, it seems that any drive built on or after 12/22/2022 has had its firmware locked, and it would take replacing chips to fix it.
jhnkane

Post by jhnkane »

Woodstock wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2024 7:15 pm
CompletelyLawless wrote:
If you could figure out how to install an older version of the software, there are a LOT of people who would want to talk to you. Unfortunately, it seems that any drive built on or after 12/22/2022 has had its firmware locked, and it would take replacing chips to fix it.
has anyone posted their attempt on an external flash? id be interested to help (try myself) but i am not willing to teardown my own drive.
:D
BDR-XS07S and DP-UB9000P1K
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

jhnkane wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:02 pm
Woodstock wrote:
CompletelyLawless wrote:
has anyone posted their attempt on an external flash? id be interested to help (try myself) but i am not willing to teardown my own drive.
Many things have been tried and failed. This has been an issue that we have been looking into for the past 18+ months.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com
jhnkane

Post by jhnkane »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:14 pm
jhnkane wrote:
Woodstock wrote:

Many things have been tried and failed. This has been an issue that we have been looking into for the past 18+ months.
thanks Marty. i understand the complexity. im interested in bypassing the new firmware's write protections. ill plan to report back if i come up with anything but first i need to find a broken/for parts drive to work with.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

jhnkane wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:49 pm
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2024 11:14 pm
jhnkane wrote:

thanks Marty. i understand the complexity. im interested in bypassing the new firmware's write protections. ill plan to report back if i come up with anything but first i need to find a broken/for parts drive to work with.
Read here.

https://github.com/rpc1dev/DVRFlash

This was the skunk works. SCSI commands using Winaspi. You just can't access the firmware chip directly or do you think that an average user will take his drive apart to connect a programmer to the chip to flash the firmware?
jhnkane

Post by jhnkane »

ya i dont think anyone is suggesting that the solution is tearing their drive apart. thanks thou mr Cooper
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

jhnkane wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:33 pm
ya i dont think anyone is suggesting that the solution is tearing their drive apart. thanks thou mr Cooper
The people who worked on this are no idiots. Good luck if you want to pick up this task.
mdeshaun

Post by mdeshaun »

Based on the data from MakeMKV, it looks like my drive is flashable. Can someone point me in the direction of how to flash the UHD firmware?

Drive Information
OS device name: E:
Manufacturer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-XS07
Revision: 1.01
Serial number: [redacted]
Firmware date: 2020-09-03
Bus encryption flags: 13

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: RS8E20
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-BDS7
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 1.01
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

mdeshaun wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2024 11:23 pm
Based on the data from MakeMKV, it looks like my drive is flashable. Can someone point me in the direction of how to flash the UHD firmware?

Drive Information
OS device name: E:
Manufacturer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-XS07
Revision: 1.01
Serial number: [redacted]
Firmware date: 2020-09-03
Bus encryption flags: 13

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: RS8E20
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-BDS7
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 1.01
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
Read your PM.
flojo

Post by flojo »

Could you PM the link too? I just picked one up.

Just by holding this it feels cheap. Who actually manufacturers the Pioneer USB slim drives and are they the same quality as their 5.25 drives?

I know Pioneer outsources most or all electronics today. For instance I have a PLX-1000 record player and while it is very good, it's not fabricated or designed by Pioneer. I know that their original 3.25 floppy drives were Toshiba although I believe their first consumer DVD-ROM (100D?? 101A?? .. big SCSI thing) was actually made my them.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

flojo wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2024 12:44 pm
Could you PM the link too? I just picked one up.

Just by holding this it feels cheap. Who actually manufacturers the Pioneer USB slim drives and are they the same quality as their 5.25 drives?

I know Pioneer outsources most or all electronics today. For instance I have a PLX-1000 record player and while it is very good, it's not fabricated or designed by Pioneer. I know that their original 3.25 floppy drives were Toshiba although I believe their first consumer DVD-ROM (100D?? 101A?? .. big SCSI thing) was actually made my them.
Post your Makemkv info.