Getting an LG BP50NB40: Foolproof? Help...

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
HTPC_Guy

Re: Getting an LG BP50NB40: Foolproof? Help...

Post by HTPC_Guy »

yes. uhd.

any suggestions on settings in windows 7 pro 64-bit. and the desktop computer is not and has never been connected to a lan or wifi.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

HTPC_Guy wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:25 pm
yes. uhd.

any suggestions on settings in windows 7 pro 64-bit. and the desktop computer is not and has never been connected to a lan or wifi.
Copy over your private data.tar
From another computer that runs makemkv you will get the keys from that one that is connected to the internet there is no other way either you need internet or you get from a computer that is
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
HTPC_Guy

Post by HTPC_Guy »

I can tell you are very knowledgeable about the inner workings of windows systems. I can do it if I am told exactly what to do. (so far so good)

I have a laptop with windows 7 pro 64-bit and it can be connected to the internet.

I should install makemkv latest edition on to it, right. So let's say I do that.

then what? do i connect to the internet? do i then run makemkv? do I go to a particular website to get "keys"? How do i get a usable data.tar file to transfer to my standalone desktop computer?

where in my windows laptop system will i find this data.tar file to copy and transfer? i presume it is also found in the same place on my desktop computer?

"copy over your private data.tar"? perhaps I'd rather just rename it instead of copying over it and copy this transfer data.tar file with "keys" right next to it.

does this data.tar file ever expire? do I have to periodically update it using the same process i hope you are going to explain to me.

thanks. (by the way, do you ever shop on amazon?)
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Privatedata.tar will be in the makemkv data directory.
To make it download put the drive and a UHD disc in the system and open the bluray in makemkv
Then you copy the file to your other PC same place to the makemkv data directory by default it's in appdata
You will need to update the file when you get new discs that give you that same error
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
HTPC_Guy

Post by HTPC_Guy »

i find this quite interesting.

where are these keys downloaded from?
and what exactly are these keys?

makemkv does not require this for blu-ray hd movie disks, am i correct, it is just sort of plug and play? What is it about uhd discs that requires this? Is this what everyone must do to rip uhd movie discs?

seems like the implementation could be much less sketchy if someone could just go to a website and download the keys directly like when you download makemkv: click and install or copy. no fuss no muss.

this other method seems unnecessarily complicated and intrusive.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Use search and read what has been posted. You are a lazy fellow who wants to get all pieces fed up to your mouth. Now grow up and use search!
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

HTPC_Guy wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:12 am
seems like the implementation could be much less sketchy if someone could just go to a website and download the keys directly like when you download makemkv: click and install or copy. no fuss no muss.
Consider that ripping software, in general, is viewed as criminal by the industry at large and some countries as well. Just hosting the keys is "sketchy" in the eyes of the corporate world and their legions of attorneys on permanent retainer.

Other commercial ripping software is hosted in China.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
HTPC_Guy

Post by HTPC_Guy »

like i said, it would have been easier if this site just posted the most recent privatedata.tar file or pointed to where it could be found. anyway i am done with that.

what is the sdf.bin folder. and can it be useful. and how is it used.

i am a semi nerd. i just want to see how far this software will go.