Verbatim 43888 BDR - UD04 Issue

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
mm8718

Re: Verbatim 43888 BDR - UD04 Issue

Post by mm8718 »

Coopervid wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2024 10:02 pm
Japp.
So i just tested with a couple of new rental discs - once again just 1080p Blu Ray rather than UHD - and my old Pioneer S12 worked a treat. This was after cleaning AND changing the enclosure to the vantec model from the OWC.

Not sure which one of the actions helped. I am expecting some UHD discs in the week so hopefully that would be OK.

I was slightly concerned as even he cleaning disc was skipping but what ever it was, seems to be working. Will keep the Verbatim handy for now but if not needed i can return it with a few weeks.

Thanks All for your help as always.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

To make the test you can put it back in the other enclosure.

Sometimes when the lens is extremly polluted no DVD and BD cleaning discs are working anymore because of the smaller structure. CDs can still be read and since the lasers are co-positioned everything will still be cleaned.
mm8718

Post by mm8718 »

Coopervid wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:01 pm

Sometimes when the lens is extremly polluted no DVD and BD cleaning discs are working anymore because of the smaller structure. CDs can still be read and since the lasers are co-positioned everything will still be cleaned.
Thanks - to be honest i prefer the VanTec enclosure - feels more solid and power supply is not whining at me like the original OWC was. Plus not sure if you are aware but the OWC one never fitted the S12 properly whereas the VanTec one has all the screws in the right places for a secure fit and less vibration.

I think happy to stick with the S12 for now.

Thanks again
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

mm8718 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:38 am
Coopervid wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:01 pm

Thanks - to be honest i prefer the VanTec enclosure - feels more solid and power supply is not whining at me like the original OWC was. Plus not sure if you are aware but the OWC one never fitted the S12 properly whereas the VanTec one has all the screws in the right places for a secure fit and less vibration.

I think happy to stick with the S12 for now.

Thanks again

I agree having also a Vantec enclosure, however there's a little trick for the OWC.

https://mega.nz/file/mV5mCDhT#T794dO696 ... l_wcIH352A

Just bend the tabs so your screws will go in.

I think the cleaning did its job very well. Just do it again in a couple of months. That's what I do regulary.