Re: SDFtool Flasher

Post by Kevin_28 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:18 am
Kevin_28 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:43 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 10:31 pm
You need to use the recovery option for the crossflash. Follow the gif in the first post of this thread.
Hi there! Thanks for responding and helping me out. I should have mentioned earlier in my initial post that I used write to update to 1.03 and recovery for the crossflash as per the instructions.
So you're all good then?
Unfortunately, no. My initial post was made with the update instructions assumed. it says, "Done successfully, please wait.", but I am unable to play any 4k disks and I don't see that version reflected on MakeMKV nor the SDFtool Flasher.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Kevin_28 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:48 am
MartyMcNuts wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 2:18 am
Kevin_28 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2024 12:43 am

Hi there! Thanks for responding and helping me out. I should have mentioned earlier in my initial post that I used write to update to 1.03 and recovery for the crossflash as per the instructions.
So you're all good then?
Unfortunately, no. My initial post was made with the update instructions assumed. it says, "Done successfully, please wait.", but I am unable to play any 4k disks and I don't see that version reflected on MakeMKV nor the SDFtool Flasher.
If that's the case, then you are not following the instructions correctly.

Does MakeMKV show the drive on BP50NB40 1.03 or BU40N 1.00?
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com
jinx100

Post by jinx100 »

Marty's instructions are clear and he even includes an animation. It looks like you did the first step of writing the BP50NB40_NB50_1.03_MK binary but messed up the recovery step.

When you select "Recovery" a file selector dialog opens and you need to choose the BP50NB40_NB50_1.03_MK.bin binary again. Then, in the "Write" file selector dialog choose the BU40N_1.00.bin file. After you run this last step, your drive will appear to be a BU40N in Windows and MakeMKV.
Kevin_28

Post by Kevin_28 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:33 am
If that's the case, then you are not following the instructions correctly.

Does MakeMKV show the drive on BP50NB40 1.03 or BU40N 1.00?
It shows the BP50NB40 1.03
jinx100 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:51 am
Marty's instructions are clear and he even includes an animation. It looks like you did the first step of writing the BP50NB40_NB50_1.03_MK binary but messed up the recovery step.

When you select "Recovery" a file selector dialog opens and you need to choose the BP50NB40_NB50_1.03_MK.bin binary again. Then, in the "Write" file selector dialog choose the BU40N_1.00.bin file. After you run this last step, your drive will appear to be a BU40N in Windows and MakeMKV.
I did follow that animation when I started and selected BP50NB40 1.03 mk first then the BU40N on the recovery. No dice. It's OK. I'll try some other things and worst case I can always just purchase one. Not a big deal. Thanks for your help! I greatly appreciate it.
ThatPrimate

Post by ThatPrimate »

Hello, I've been working on this on and off for the past 3 week. I have a WP50NB40 drive with revision 1.03. When I run the flasher it says complete, but the reported firmware never seems to change. What should I be doing differently?

Something that I thought was a little curious was that the reported firmware date in MakeMKV is set for 2121-07-08 16:09. I don't know if this has anything to do with my efforts, but I at least thought it was an interesting date.
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

ThatPrimate wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:54 pm
Hello, I've been working on this on and off for the past 3 week. I have a WP50NB40 drive with revision 1.03. When I run the flasher it says complete, but the reported firmware never seems to change. What should I be doing differently?

Something that I thought was a little curious was that the reported firmware date in MakeMKV is set for 2121-07-08 16:09. I don't know if this has anything to do with my efforts, but I at least thought it was an interesting date.
Follow the instructions in the first post of this thread. There's even a gif showing you what to do!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG + Others) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://uhdenableddrives.com
ThatPrimate

Post by ThatPrimate »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:54 am
ThatPrimate wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2024 11:54 pm

Follow the instructions in the first post of this thread. There's even a gif showing you what to do!
I've followed everything there, treating WP as BP. When I followed the steps, the firmware version never changed. I've done it twice to see if I missed something the first time, but nothing changed.
jinx100

Post by jinx100 »

See more wisdom from Marty at: viewtopic.php?p=143155#p143155
iredmc

Post by iredmc »

Coopervid wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:30 pm
Most likely your chip in the enlosure doesn't support flashing.
I am having this problem as well, and I'm not using an enclosure at all.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

iredmc wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:16 pm
Coopervid wrote:
You need to be more specific. Which drive and what type of connection are you using?
iredmc

Post by iredmc »

Coopervid wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:46 am
iredmc wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:16 pm
Coopervid wrote:
You need to be more specific. Which drive and what type of connection are you using?
At first I tried USB 3 (via enclosure), but then I decided that was annoying and used SATA. The drive is an LG WH16NS40.
segfaulted

Post by segfaulted »

@MartyMcNuts
I'm running into a tiny bug when starting the flasher GUI when I have disc drives present without an assigned drive letter.

This happens when I mount and then eject an iso file with Windows 10's built-in handler, which keeps Microsoft's virtual drive in the background after unmounting. Rebooting usually fixes this one.

The error can also come up when I manually unassign drive letters in Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc)

Code: Select all

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero. (Parameter 'startIndex')
   at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at SDFtool_Flasher_Updated.Form1.Get_Drive_List()
   at SDFtool_Flasher_Updated.Form1.Check_MakeMKV_Installation()
   at SDFtool_Flasher_Updated.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

segfaulted wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:35 am
@MartyMcNuts
I'm running into a tiny bug when starting the flasher GUI when I have disc drives present without an assigned drive letter.

This happens when I mount and then eject an iso file with Windows 10's built-in handler, which keeps Microsoft's virtual drive in the background after unmounting. Rebooting usually fixes this one.

The error can also come up when I manually unassign drive letters in Disk Management (diskmgmt.msc)

Code: Select all

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero. (Parameter 'startIndex')
   at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
   at SDFtool_Flasher_Updated.Form1.Get_Drive_List()
   at SDFtool_Flasher_Updated.Form1.Check_MakeMKV_Installation()
   at SDFtool_Flasher_Updated.Form1.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Don't run the tool when messing with drive letters. When mounting/unnmounting ISO's also make sure the tool is not open. Close it until your drive letters are sorted then reopen it.
ryanb0517

Post by ryanb0517 »

I just got my LG WP50NB40 and I was wondering if this is the correct step to cross flash to DE_LG_BU40N_1.00.bin

1) WRITE FIRMWARE DE_LG_WP50NB40-NB50_1.03_MK.bin
2) RECOVER FIRMWARE DE_LG_WP50NB40-NB50_1.03_MK.bin
3) WRITE FIRMWARE DE_LG_BU40N_1.00.bin

I tried doing the following steps as instructed by someone else in another post but my player wont pick up my "The Martian" UHD disc. I hope I didn't f' up my new drive. Please help!
segfaulted

Post by segfaulted »

ryanb0517 wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:49 pm
I just got my LG WP50NB40 and I was wondering if this is the correct step to cross flash to DE_LG_BU40N_1.00.bin

1) WRITE FIRMWARE DE_LG_WP50NB40-NB50_1.03_MK.bin
2) RECOVER FIRMWARE DE_LG_WP50NB40-NB50_1.03_MK.bin
3) WRITE FIRMWARE DE_LG_BU40N_1.00.bin

I tried doing the following steps as instructed by someone else in another post but my player wont pick up my "The Martian" UHD disc. I hope I didn't f' up my new drive. Please help!
If you're doing WRITE again to do a cross-flash, that probably won't work. In other words, your steps #2 and 3 look a bit off.

Use RECOVER mode. You'll point it to the current firmware file, which might be DE_LG_WP50NB40-NB50_1.03_MK.bin if UHD discs haven't worked in your drive. Then you can select the firmware that you want to flash, choose DE_LG_BU40N_1.00.bin

The drive's LED light should blink during the flashing process if you did it correctly. If it doesn't blink, the drive is ignoring the reflash.

You can check the drive info in MakeMKV to see if the reflash worked or not. The "Product" and "Revision" should match the firmware ID.