SDFtool Flasher

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
Billycar11

Re: SDFtool Flasher

Post by Billycar11 »

Jim0722 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:38 am
Sorry but attaching screenshots is a bit of a problem.
Basically the rev. is now 1.0 but when MakeMKV tries to read the 4K UHD disk, I repeatedly get these errors -
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00030.m2ts' at offset '0'
Title #00030.m2ts was skipped.

Also the disk protection shows as AACS2.0/C v61

Is it possible to rip my own AACS2.0 encrypted disks?
seeing its at 0 it either a power problem use both usb cables in different usb circuits or get a high powered USB hub
or
the discs is messed up clean it
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Jeggo

Post by Jeggo »

I flashed a LG drive successfully and made a firmware dump (original FW) before I flashed the drive.
As the LG drive is not what I expected I would like to return it and restore the original FW.
How do I apply the firmware dump and restore the drive to its original state? Is this possible?
The tar dump file contains several bin files. What file do I need to flash?

Thanks for your help.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Jeggo wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:41 am
I flashed a LG drive successfully and made a firmware dump (original FW) before I flashed the drive.
As the LG drive is not what I expected I would like to return it and restore the original FW.
How do I apply the firmware dump and restore the drive to its original state? Is this possible?
The tar dump file contains several bin files. What file do I need to flash?

Thanks for your help.
the fw you backed up is useless

just use the lg updater but really who cares just return it they wont check
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
rolledjoel

Post by rolledjoel »

What is the average speed for ripping UHD BR on a WH16NS40? I saw someone on YouTube who averaged about 12x on an unencrypted disc. Are drives slower when encryption is in use?
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

rolledjoel wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:09 pm
What is the average speed for ripping UHD BR on a WH16NS40? I saw someone on YouTube who averaged about 12x on an unencrypted disc. Are drives slower when encryption is in use?
1st post, Recommended UHD Drives to get: section...

Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2023
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Drives are slower when the disk is less readable, or you're reading at the beginning, or ???

The data is at a constant density (bits per lineal centimeter), but there's more of it (per rotation) when you get further from the center (beginning). It will read fastest when you're reading furthest from that center. Once you hit layer 2, it will get slower as you advance back towards the center.

Reading at maximum rate puts the most stress on the media and draws the most power, so those are additional limits.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
rolledjoel

Post by rolledjoel »

d00zah wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 7:24 pm
rolledjoel wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:09 pm
1st post, Recommended UHD Drives to get: section...

Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2023
Thanks. I did a quick re-watch of the video , it turns out the guy was testing a DVD.