PC Case with 4 5-1/4" Drive Bays

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
wrbreland

PC Case with 4 5-1/4" Drive Bays

Post by wrbreland »

Thought I would share my office PC case redo. I have always used mobile racks for the OS HDD so I can test software on my “test drive” and not have to worry about uninstalls, etc. Using mobile racks in a standard mid tower case poses problems because of case depth.

About a year ago I swapped out for the Inwin Development 175240 In-win Server Pl052 Long Pedestal ATX Mid Tower case here. With this case I have two internal disc drives installed, a Pioneer BDR-211UBK and a ASUS BW-16D1HT* with two mobile racks. 1 mobile rack for the OS and the second as a hot swap for imaging the main HDD, etc. Also have 2TB HDD for temp disc ripping. Have another ASUS BW-16D1HT mounted in a Vantec NexStar DX2. Can rip 3 disc at a time with this setup.

Negative of of the Inwin 175240, it is heavy and with all the hardware installed it is quite a load.

*When the picture was taken I had a LG Blu-ray drive installed. Later that drive was moved to the spouses PC and the ASUS installed. Wish I had purchased more Pioneer BDR-211UBK (12/2018) when they were available.

wrbreland

Re: PC Case with 4 5-1/4" Drive Bays

Post by wrbreland »

Interesting that no one is asked what the switches are for. :?