Confirm if UHD Friendly: Asus BW-12B1ST and Pioneer BDR-212V??

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
BackwardsEP

Confirm if UHD Friendly: Asus BW-12B1ST and Pioneer BDR-212V??

Post by BackwardsEP »

Hi All, Great software and resource here! I have been Googling and haven't found 100% conclusive answers so I figured that I'd ask. I have used MakeMKV with normal BD with two different drives with great results. I just purchased my first 4KUHD disc pack (came with both UHD and BD discs) and wanted to see if I could rip the 4k.

Can anyone confirm if either of these drives are UHD friendly and if so what I may need to do to flash them?

Asus BW-12B1ST

Pioneer BDR-212V

Thanks in advance for the help!
MartyMcNuts

Re: Confirm if UHD Friendly: Asus BW-12B1ST and Pioneer BDR-212V??

Post by MartyMcNuts »

BackwardsEP wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:23 am
Hi All, Great software and resource here! I have been Googling and haven't found 100% conclusive answers so I figured that I'd ask. I have used MakeMKV with normal BD with two different drives with great results. I just purchased my first 4KUHD disc pack (came with both UHD and BD discs) and wanted to see if I could rip the 4k.

Can anyone confirm if either of these drives are UHD friendly and if so what I may need to do to flash them?

Asus BW-12B1ST

Pioneer BDR-212V

That ASUS will never be UHD capable. Not sure about that Pio model.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

BackwardsEP wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:23 am

Asus BW-12B1ST

Pioneer BDR-212V

email me about the pioneer i have a flasher for that
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
BackwardsEP

Post by BackwardsEP »

Can confirm Billycar11 is the dude! His flasher worked perfectly to turn the BDR-212v into a BDR-S12JX that now is able to transfer UHD. Since I had trouble finding specific direction when I was searching before making my post, if anyone finds this post with the same drive just contact Billycar11 and support his work. Definitely much cheaper than buying a new drive if you can.

Thanks all!