Brand New Pioneer BDR-212UBK Not Working

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
leosantare

Brand New Pioneer BDR-212UBK Not Working

Post by leosantare »

I just got this new drive from B&H, and it failed to rip a 4K disc. This disc is also brand new and clean.

It reads the disc quickly without any issues but fails to rip. I ripped 2 other 4k discs before this one without any issues.

I ripped this disc before without any issues with my LG WH16NS60. However, my LG WH16NS60 is dead now.

Is there anything I can do before I return this brand-new drive?

Thank you,
Attachments
Info.png
Info.png (155.98 KiB) Viewed 4310 times
Failed.png
Failed.png (209.2 KiB) Viewed 4310 times
Billycar11

Re: Brand New Pioneer BDR-212UBK Not Working

Post by Billycar11 »

leosantare wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:36 am
I just got this new drive from B&H, and it failed to rip a 4K disc. This disc is also brand new and clean.

It reads the disc quickly without any issues but fails to rip. I ripped 2 other 4k discs before this one without any issues.

I ripped this disc before without any issues with my LG WH16NS60. However, my LG WH16NS60 is dead now.

Is there anything I can do before I return this brand-new drive?

Thank you,
clean the disc with a very soft lint free microfiber cloth and some water then dry with another.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
leosantare

Post by leosantare »

I did clean the disc as you suggested twice, and still no luck. Is there anything else I can try other than buying another brand-new copy?

Does the Scott Pilgrim 4k have a reputation of being problematic?
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

Update to 1.02 firmware. It might help. But chances are not high.
leosantare

Post by leosantare »

Well, I was able to rip all my 4k's, (33 titles) with the bdr-212ubk no problem. Except for the Scott Pilgrim 4k and I cleaned it 5 times. It seems strange to me that I was able to rip this disc fine with my LG before it died.

Does the Scott Pilgrim 4k have a reputation of being problematic? In the meantime, I just ordered another brand new copy of this disc.

Thank you,
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

leosantare wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:09 am
Well, I was able to rip all my 4k's, (33 titles) with the bdr-212ubk no problem. Except for the Scott Pilgrim 4k and I cleaned it 5 times. It seems strange to me that I was able to rip this disc fine with my LG before it died.

Does the Scott Pilgrim 4k have a reputation of being problematic? In the meantime, I just ordered another brand new copy of this disc.

Thank you,
If you have already ripped it, why are you ripping it again??
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
leosantare

Post by leosantare »

In case I wasn't clear, I had to format my drive and re-rip all my discs again.

Do others have issues with this particular title?

Thank you,
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

leosantare wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 1:55 am
In case I wasn't clear, I had to format my drive and re-rip all my discs again.

Do others have issues with this particular title?

Thank you,
Don't know about that particular title but it is not that uncommon for a UHD disc to be faulty and require replacing.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
leosantare

Post by leosantare »

I got another copy of the 4k title, and it ripped without any issues. Therefore, I have ripped (40) 4k discs on the BDR-212 without any issues. The drive is very quiet.

Thanks for the recommendation billy!