UHD Ripping problems

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
tylertyza

UHD Ripping problems

Post by tylertyza »

Hi I purchased a Pioneer BDR-XS07TUHD external drive.. I planned on just reading blu-rays through that but that was unsuccessful. However I have turned to ripping I hadn't done any research into ripping but apparantly I might not be able to rip UHD on this drive, 1080p works great though. Is this true? Or could someone help me with this? Or should I just return the drive.

Woodstock

Re: UHD Ripping problems

Post by Woodstock »

True, there is no support for RIPPING UHD with Pioneer drives at this time. There is some hope for the future, but nothing at this time.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

tylertyza wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:40 am
Hi I purchased a Pioneer BDR-XS07TUHD external drive.. I planned on just reading blu-rays through that but that was unsuccessful. However I have turned to ripping I hadn't done any research into ripping but apparantly I might not be able to rip UHD on this drive, 1080p works great though. Is this true? Or could someone help me with this? Or should I just return the drive.

It's a nice drive for sure, just not for UHD right now. Should you end up returning it please drop me a line for a drive guaranteed to read 4K UHD and all the rest. The link is in my signature. Thank you, Alex
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
rookie2UHD

Post by rookie2UHD »

Hello, I'm looking into buying the Pioneer BDR-XS07TUHD external drive. I saw Pioneer was blocking with UHD discs, but I guess it is solved now isn't ? But, most important, can you rip UHD Blu-Ray with this model ?
Best regards
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Check out this post for the current list of supported drives AND firmware:

viewtopic.php?p=118751#p118751
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

rookie2UHD wrote:
Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:36 pm
Hello, I'm looking into buying the Pioneer BDR-XS07TUHD external drive. I saw Pioneer was blocking with UHD discs, but I guess it is solved now isn't ? But, most important, can you rip UHD Blu-Ray with this model ?
Best regards
SamuriHL's link shows all drives that are supported regarding Libredrive. This doesn't mean that all these drives support UHD. Check the Pioneer web site to see which support UHD. Yours does. At the time jonghotti responded in 2020 Libredrive didn't work with Pioneer drives at all. The UHD capable drives contain the letter "U" in their names.
Last edited by Coopervid on Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I mean, the drive that they're asking about has UHD in the name. Just saying. :)
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

SamuriHL wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:56 pm
I mean, the drive that they're asking about has UHD in the name. Just saying. :)
I just thought it needs a more specific answer. :D
rookie2UHD

Post by rookie2UHD »

I am confused because it is mentioned as recommended in the Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2022 viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19634
But I've seen quite a lot of people complaining about UHD ripping not working, like in this post : viewtopic.php?t=27296

So I am bit confused because it seems to be the perfect drive for me (UHD, external, M-Disc, in Europe) but I would like to be sure it works for ripping... :/
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

rookie2UHD wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:28 am
I am confused because it is mentioned as recommended in the Ultimate UHD Drives Flashing Guide Updated 2022 viewtopic.php?f=16&t=19634
But I've seen quite a lot of people complaining about UHD ripping not working, like in this post : viewtopic.php?t=27296

So I am bit confused because it seems to be the perfect drive for me (UHD, external, M-Disc, in Europe) but I would like to be sure it works for ripping... :/
It will work. The second link you provided was a user complaining before Libredrive for Pioneer drives existed. Go ahead and get it.
rookie2UHD

Post by rookie2UHD »

Thanks for your tips ! I bought it and it works perfectly ! It was delivered with an unpatched firmware :)