Anyone know of 5.25" bay holders for 9.5mm DVD drives?

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
dooferorg

Anyone know of 5.25" bay holders for 9.5mm DVD drives?

Post by dooferorg »

Just got a LG BU40N to try and see if I can get some awkward discs to player nicer (looking at you, LoTR extended..)

Since I have a large tower case I wondered if I might be able to find a suitable 5.25" bay enclosure to house it and make it tidy. Unfortunately I've not been able to find any when looking around, so I wanted to ask here since that may have been something someone else here has solved. I got an IStar T-5K25TU-SA bay adapter but it's awful and will be going back. Mounting is strictly for 12.7mm drives and not 9.5mm drives. Screw access is so awkward I didn't even attempt it and likely get the mount screws lost. Add to that there would be yet another connector needed to be able to connect regular SATA+power to the slim drive.

I'm getting a Vantec NST-510S3-BK and cable on order so I can get on with using the drive but I'm still curious if I'll be able to mount it 'nicely' in my computer case.

Thoughts are welcome :)
Coopervid

Re: Anyone know of 5.25" bay holders for 9.5mm DVD drives?

Post by Coopervid »

I have also looked but never came across anything. Sorry!
dooferorg

Re: Anyone know of 5.25" bay holders for 9.5mm DVD drives?

Post by dooferorg »

Sweet :) .. nice find!

Got my little BU40N working away happily in the Vantec USB case but that looks like it might be just the thing.

Of course now I'm looking at the drive I'm wishing there was a double-decker 5.25" bay for it.. 2 drives in one 5.25" bay :D