ASUS 16D1HT FW3.02 USB 3.0 Not working

Forum for discussions about UHD-capable dives
thelad

ASUS 16D1HT FW3.02 USB 3.0 Not working

Post by thelad »

Hi
I bought this drive in a nexstar DX case usb 3.0. Downgraded the FW from 3.03 to 3.02. All blurays are fine but I've only managed to copy one 4k disc(The Gentlemen). The 4k discs are recognised and start to copy but stop about a third of the way through. I've even tried dvdfab and get the same results. Films I've tried and failed are le man 66, Deadpool and Kingsmen: Secret Service.
Hope someone can help and I haven't bought a £150 pup.
MartyMcNuts

Re: ASUS 16D1HT FW3.02 USB 3.0 Not working

Post by MartyMcNuts »

thelad wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:34 am
Hi
I bought this drive in a nexstar DX case usb 3.0. Downgraded the FW from 3.03 to 3.02. All blurays are fine but I've only managed to copy one 4k disc(The Gentlemen). The 4k discs are recognised and start to copy but stop about a third of the way through. I've even tried dvdfab and get the same results. Films I've tried and failed are le man 66, Deadpool and Kingsmen: Secret Service.
Hope someone can help and I haven't bought a £150 pup.
First thing to try is cleaning the discs. Yes, even if they are brand new and spotless as sometimes there is a thin layer of film left on them from the factory.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com