Disney+ Shows UHD Discs Issue

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
ajkid93

Disney+ Shows UHD Discs Issue

Post by ajkid93 »

All of my Disney+ shows that I have bought on UHD Bluray have had issues being read. I noticed the top of the disc is not opaque as most blurays are. It often takes 5 to 10minutes for any of my drives to read Disney+ releases. I am not sure if early batches are bad. Or if it is partly because the discs aren't opaque and thus partially transparent. Like I can literally see through multiple discs with a light behind it. They do read eventually. Just much slower.

For instance I tested another UHD disc while troubleshooting these disney discs and found it read immediately. But Loki, Wandavision, and The Mandalorian copies I have didn't want to read. I thought it wasn't going to but then after 8 minutes I noticed it did actually read it. I have 5 drives in use and none of them responded as I expect them to.
Woodstock

Re: Disney+ Shows UHD Discs Issue

Post by Woodstock »

> top of the disc is not opaque as most blurays are.

Um, what disks are opaque? Most BDs and UHDs I've had are not transparent, but you can see through them fairly easily. It's especially evident with multi-layer disks.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
ajkid93

Re: Disney+ Shows UHD Discs Issue

Post by ajkid93 »

Opaque and transparent are opposites. If I say it is not opaque (solid) it is transparent. Anyways All of my disney+ discs are not entirely transparent but light shines through well enough. I figured that might be what is going on because the image printed on it is not entirely solid. All my other discs that read fine have a solid image printed.

For example Star Trek Strange New Worlds has a solid black printing and my disney plus disc have a transparent printing. Like extremely visible. Most of my disc I have ever bought have had solid printing.