Problem with Paprika 4k UHD

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Rikusen

Problem with Paprika 4k UHD

Post by Rikusen »

Hello.

I got a few days ago the bluray 4k from paprika, unfortunately I can not open it in makemkv it blocks.
I have a BD-RW BDR-S12U in 1.01 / Firmware type: Original (unpatched) Firmware version: 1.01/ID43

Do I have to patch it to another version for it to work?
Woodstock

Re: Problem with Paprika 4k UHD

Post by Woodstock »

Not knowing what error you are receiving, it is rather difficult to say how to fix. It could be as simple as a dirty disk.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Rikusen

Post by Rikusen »

The AACS reading is blocked.
I just did a new test today and it's fine.
I had sent the .tar to the e-mail address indicated but no reply, which is why I opened this topic.

All's well that ends well.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Ah, no reply is standard for sending the TGZ files. Mike responds by making the rip work, but that's sometimes a week or so later (it happens).

In the future, when you do an upload, it's recommended that you check it's not already "in process" (looking on the message board), and posting a message about your upload here. Listing the name of the file uploaded (with the 4-character "tail" that identifies the disk) is the usual way. That way, others will see that it is being worked on, or that they have a different version (different 4-character tail), and they can reply and say "mine's been sent too!"
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging