Transporting 4K source file corrupt.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
BrianDW

Transporting 4K source file corrupt.

Post by BrianDW »

The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00009.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset 32323596288, attempting to work around

Message repeated scores of times and then the decryption fails.

Tried with TWO different TS 4K discs. On THREE different drives.

I can see that TS 4K Remux rips are available on torrent sites.
Why can't makemkv handle this? What other programs are people using?

Makemkv is becoming an absolute hassle. I have to find an alternative.
BrianDW

Re: Transporting 4K source file corrupt.

Post by BrianDW »

Update, and a mystery.

In an effort to find a MAKEMKV alternative I downloaded / installed LEAWO UHD ripper. I haven't heard a good thing about LEAWO products, but with a free trial what's to lose?

I successfully ripped 5 minutes (all the LEAWO trial will allow) of the very same 4K Criterion Collection disc that MAKEMKV had the issue with. I repeated the process with the replacement disc I ordered from AMAZON believing the disc was the issue.

Then, as an experiment, I tried ripping the disc with MAKEMKV again. To my surprise, BOTH 4K disc were successfully converted to MKV files by MAKEMKV.

Before downloading/ installing the LEAWO software, multiple attempts with both the original and replacement discs on multiple UHD friendly drives that have converted HUNDREDS of 4k discs via MAKEMKV before had failed.

I made no other changes. The only alteration was downloading and installing the LEAWO software. I have now successfully converted both discs on different drives that failed previously with MAKEMKV.

Is it possible that installing software from a different publisher could affect MAKEMKV?
Ezatoka

Post by Ezatoka »

You mean this Leawo ripper which just stole MakeMKVs executables? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1514
BrianDW

Post by BrianDW »

I mean a legally available software that I didn't pay for.

What LEAWO did or didn't do is not my concern.

I paid for MAKEMKV.

MAKEMKV failed to convert a 4K Blu-ray.
When I installed the LEAWO software, and ran THE FREE TRIAL VERSION, it successfully converted 5 minutes.

After this, I again used MAKEMKV and successfully converted the FULL 4K Blu-ray it had failed to previously convert.

I'm not trying to cause a controversy: I am trying to solve a mystery: How can installing software from a different publisher possibly effect MAKE MKV?
Ezatoka

Post by Ezatoka »

What I wanted to say is: you basically used MakeMKV twice.

That the disc now works can have multiple reasons. A dusty spot on the laser, who now is gone, the material of the disc which had to "warm up" a bit, an un/intented brush along the disc with a clean fabric...
BrianDW

Post by BrianDW »

Nope.
As stated: I tried TWO different copies of the same disc, both brand new, both fully cleaned.
Both tried in 3 different UHD friendly drives.

I have used MAKEMKV to convert HUNDREDS of 4K discs. I'm not new to this.

I'm telling you this: The same discs in the same drives using the same computer could not be converted with MAKEMKV before installing the software from another publisher and could after.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

BrianDW wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:37 pm
Nope.
As stated: I tried TWO different copies of the same disc, both brand new, both fully cleaned.
Both tried in 3 different UHD friendly drives.

I have used MAKEMKV to convert HUNDREDS of 4K discs. I'm not new to this.

I'm telling you this: The same discs in the same drives using the same computer could not be converted with MAKEMKV before installing the software from another publisher and could after.
lg and asus drives are just super inconsistent like that
as said that other ripper is just a knock off stealing stuff forget it
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
BrianDW

Post by BrianDW »

I used buffalo and pioneer drives.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

BrianDW wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:18 am
I used buffalo and pioneer drives.
buffalo is lg
pioneers dont ever say corrupt or invalid at offset...
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
BrianDW

Post by BrianDW »

Are you incapable of comprehending what you read?
I HAVE PREVIOUSLY CONVERTED HUNDREDS OF 4K UHD BLU-RAYS using these exact drives.

What don't you get? I clearly wrote I had UHD friendly drives. I clearly wrote I had used these drives to previously convert 4K UHD discs.
They are obviously flashed as they have converted 4K's before.

Try READING the comments you respond to.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

BrianDW wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:19 pm
Are you incapable of comprehending what you read?
I HAVE PREVIOUSLY CONVERTED HUNDREDS OF 4K UHD BLU-RAYS using these exact drives.

What don't you get? I clearly wrote I had UHD friendly drives. I clearly wrote I had used these drives to previously convert 4K UHD discs.
They are obviously flashed as they have converted 4K's before.

Try READING the comments you respond to.
Yes and I have tested 1000s of LG and pioneer drives I know their behavior in and out pioneers don't give out hash errors ever...
I literally told a guy a week or 2 ago he might bad ram when he told me he has hash errors on a pioneer guess what he did have bad ram failed mem test immediately.

I'm noting saying the pioneer could not Read the disc but it didn't say it's corrupt or invalid

I made the guide I know how the drives work I know they were flashed or have the right fw but it does not mean your drives are not bad especially the LG aka Buffalo to you.

Just be happy you got your rip working and move on the knock off software did not fix it for you. You just finally got a good read on a hard to read disc
ben_uk

Post by ben_uk »

Most of my discs ripped first time, however a handful of discs were very problematic.

I had to insert and reinsert American Psycho UHD about 30-40 times before it actually read by my LG drive. There was maybe one other but I can’t recall the title.