Lots of errors attempting TMNT mutant mayhem

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Jumballi

Lots of errors attempting TMNT mutant mayhem

Post by Jumballi »

I've been attempting to make a copy of the new TMNT movie so I can watch it on my PC that can't play UHD blurays due to processor limitations.
I was getting a fatal error, which I logged in this attachment
MakeMKV_log.txt
(657.1 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
After just throwing myself at the problem and wiping the disk with a microfiber cloth, I got it to copy, but there is a weird black top and bottom border that appears on the top and bottom, I read I could use handbreak to remove that, but the nvenc encoder doesnt remove it.

I'll reply in a comment once I reread the forum rules on posting external links as the successful log is over 3MB, and I'll need to find another way to share it.
Jumballi

Re: Lots of errors attempting TMNT mutant mayhem

Post by Jumballi »

couldn't find an anything on posting external links, so here is the log of the successful run. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s6yU8p ... sp=sharing

I noticed there's some artifacting on the image of the film around 5 minutes in, which was around how long it took for it to crash
Jumballi

Post by Jumballi »

testing the disc on my xbox one s, the artifacting does not occur there, so I'm assuming the drive I have is unable to read the block or whatever it's called and so I guess I'll be looking for a replacement
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

From the log:

Code: Select all

002023:0000 Encountered 9 errors of type 'HashCheck Error' - see http://www.makemkv.com/errors/hashcheck/
error=0x070B0D08 count=9 name=Internal error - M2TS hash check failed (3336)
005005:0080 1 titles saved
005036:0104 Copy complete. 1 titles saved.
Application exited at Mon Jan 22 02:05:03 2024
Even after cleaning the disc, the drive was still struggling to correctly read the disc. I'm surprised MakeMKV saved a file at all, actually.

The standard advice is to gently clean the disc and try again. The log indicates the drive is a LG WH16NS60 w/ the 1.02 firmware. If you have a different drive to try with, that might help too.
Jumballi

Post by Jumballi »

I cleaned the disc off with a microfiber cloth and got the second attempt. I did a third attempt after wiping the disc another time but the error occurred again and so I just stopped as I didn't want to waste 50 minutes to what to my eye looked like the same logs.