Oppenheimer / MI:7 Dead Reckoning 4K not recognized

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
knyght1

Oppenheimer / MI:7 Dead Reckoning 4K not recognized

Post by knyght1 »

I have a flashed BD drive WH16NS60 that successfully recognizes and rips other UHD discs but for some reason it won't recognize Oppenheimer or MI:7

Any suggestions?
dcoke22

Re: Oppenheimer / MI:7 Dead Reckoning 4K not recognized

Post by dcoke22 »

Can you post a log? Or be more detailed by what you mean by 'won't recognize'?

For Oppenheimer at least, it seems some people are able to rip it. Oppenheimer (2023)
knyght1

Post by knyght1 »

I mean the drive spits the disc out
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I suppose that means the drive can't read the optical disc. Have you tried gently cleaning the disc?
knyght1

Post by knyght1 »

It's a brand new disc. I just opened it. I tested all my older 4K discs and it reads them. Does the drive have to be updated somehow?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

"Brand new disk" means very little if the disk is a defective new disk, at least as far as your drive is concerned. Sometimes a drive won't even spin the disk, Are you hearing it spin? Does it work with a different disk?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
knyght1

Post by knyght1 »

It is spinning the disc. Then it makes some weird sounds. Does this for awhile then eventually ejects the disc. I understand a brand new disc can be defective but it is happening with both my new movies Oppenheimer and MI7. Seems unlikely that both new movies are defective. Again, it plays all older 4K titles.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Assuming your WH16NS60 is on the recommended 1.02MK firmware, your drive does not need to be updated.

I've had to clean brand new discs before. Sometimes they seem to end up with a nearly invisible film on them. I think it might be left over from the pressing process and it wasn't sufficiently cleaned or it might be deposits from off gassing of the plastic case.

I'd try gently cleaning the disc. Since the drive works with other discs, the laser optics in the drive are probably fine, although they can get dirty over time as well. If that doesn't work, then I'd try exchanging the discs while you're in the return window.
knyght1

Post by knyght1 »

My firmware is 1.00 --

Drive Information
Manufacturer: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE WH16NS60
Revision: 1.00
Serial number: M6AJ3MK1329
Firmware date: 2117-04-25 17:56
Bus encryption flags: 17
Highest AACS version: 81

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: MT1959
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 1.00
DVD all regions: Yes
BD raw data read: Yes
BD raw metadata read: Yes
Unrestricted read speed: Yes
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I think the 1.00 firmware is also fine, but I'm not the best person to answer that.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

It's fine in terms of firmware. It's just that these lg drives suck. I was trying to use 2 of mine earlier for FindVUK reasons and ended up giving up and just using my bu40n. I'm so much happier when using my pioneer drives for actual disc processing. Using the ns60s makes you appreciate the pios even more. Both of my ns60s had problems just recognizing discs, much less trying to read from them. The bu40n had no such problems. Granted, I was trying to read about 50 discs today, but the ns60s just couldn't do it on at least half of them.

And while the bu40n at least read the discs properly, it doesn't come close to the pioneers.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk