Mandolorian Season 2 Disc 1 rip errors

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
SamuriHL

Re: Mandolorian Season 2 Disc 1 rip errors

Post by SamuriHL »

adambomber wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:23 pm
Maybe Best Buy has non-defective copies?
Mine was the steelbook from best buy.
adambomber

Post by adambomber »

SamuriHL wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:00 pm
adambomber wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:23 pm
Maybe Best Buy has non-defective copies?
Mine was the steelbook from best buy.
Hmm, maybe I was just lucky, then. I know both my Amazon copies had this issue and it was only resolved once I got it in-store, though
ttnicky

Post by ttnicky »

SamuriHL wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:58 am
This is why I used imgburn to make a protected iso. I got 4 retries in that section of the disc but was eventually able to get a good read. Just enable libredrive before making the iso with imgburn and hope it can retry through that part of the disc.

P.S. that is with my pioneer drives. I had to try it in both before it would work.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Can you explain this process to me? I am stuck with a persistent read error on a different, brand new disk. All I've tried is making a decrypted backup multiple times. I didn't realize I could make an iso through Image Burn and then have MakeMKV open the iso. But it sounds like there is something I need to do in MakeMKV first to enable LibreDrive?
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

Simply open the disc with makemkv. And I mean all the way to the title selection screen. Just leave it there and do not eject the disc at that point. Load imgburn and make a protected iso.

ttnicky

Post by ttnicky »

SamuriHL wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:22 am
Simply open the disc with makemkv. And I mean all the way to the title selection screen. Just leave it there and do not eject the disc at that point. Load imgburn and make a protected iso.

Thank you!
sephirothkefka

Post by sephirothkefka »

adambomber wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:55 pm
sephirothkefka wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:16 am
adambomber wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:39 pm

I *have* noticed an error in S2E2, which I've replicated with my copy from Amazon and its replacement. there's some weird visual distortion around the point Mando goes to sleep under the ice, right as Frog Lady tries to speak to him (before she uses the droid to do so).

I've tried posting screenshots on one of the blu-ray.com forums, but they never seem to post. I also reached out to Disney disc support, but I haven't heard back. Kinda at a loss on what to do now.
I still have my old set due to Amazon's rather generous return window. I could give them a view
You're free to! Forgot to mention, but I don't think this is a hardware issue either, seeing as I tested it on both my Panasonic UB820 and my Pioneer 212 drive on my desktop. It's a few seconds after the 19 minute marker
Late to this but i gave old set a view. There was indeed some visual noise when the frog lady was panicking before Din dozed off ~ the 18 min mark but it wasn't showstopping and it didn't stutter. Def seems like some discs are worse than others though. My 2nd copy worked and had no issues on player yet 1st set didn't work at all and had some (but not a lot) of pixellation. If it manages to rip at all chances are it should have little to no visual artifacts when played on an actual player.
rsaotome

Post by rsaotome »

Just received my replacement from Amazon, played just fine, no garbled video @ 19:02, ripped it, no problems there either.

If you have a copy that's defective & you can get it replaced, don't settle, get it replaced, you might have a spot of luck as well.
sohsume

Post by sohsume »

Just tried ripping and same issue. For some reason my two discs had a big thumbprint at the exact same place on both discs. Going to try and reripping after second disc is done. I didnt see said thumbprint under I breathed on the first disc.
dockingbay94

Post by dockingbay94 »

I finally got around to manually copying the disc contents to a temp folder and using MakeMKV to copy episode 2.

In case anyone wants to know the procedure, this worked for me on a Windows 10 PC (internal Asus BW-16D 1HT):
  1. Open the disc in MakeMKV all the way to the content list
    2. Use Windows Explorer to copy all three items from the disc to a temp folder on the PC
    3. Wait a couple of hours for copy to complete
    4. Close MakeMKV
    5. Re-open MakeMKV
    6. Select File>Backup
    7. Specify output folder then select OK
    8. Watch the output folder for discatt.dat to be created then stop the MakeMKV
    9. Copy discatt.dat to the temp folder from step 2
    10. In MakeMKV select File>Open files and select discatt.dat
    11. Select the Title sized at 19.9GB for episode 2 and Make the MKV
sparkedfire

Post by sparkedfire »

dockingbay94 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:50 pm
I finally got around to manually copying the disc contents to a temp folder and using MakeMKV to copy episode 2.

In case anyone wants to know the procedure, this worked for me on a Windows 10 PC (internal Asus BW-16D 1HT):
    2. Use Windows Explorer to copy all three items from the disc to a temp folder on the PC
    4. Close MakeMKV
    5. Re-open MakeMKV
    6. Select File>Backup
This didn't work for me. Trying to get a replacement set.
Bleepborg

Post by Bleepborg »

dockingbay94 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:50 pm

4. Close MakeMKV
    5. Re-open MakeMKV
    6. Select File>Backup
I'm late to this as well, but thanks for posting those steps. I never would have thought to try this. The file copy eventually worked overnight on 00672.m2ts, but Windows lost track of the disc. I had to take the disc out, put it back in and restart MakeMKV. Then I was able to copy the rest of the files from the disc without issue.

Then I created the mkv with just some garbled pixels for a second or two at 19:02 in Ep 2.