The Mandalorian S2 D2 Dump Sent

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
rwgrier

The Mandalorian S2 D2 Dump Sent

Post by rwgrier »

I've sent in the dump for MKB20_v77_THE_MANDALORIAN_S2_D2_E512.

All other discs in The Mandalorian seasons one and two worked for me except this one.
BigPeteTO

Re: The Mandalorian S2 D2 Dump Sent

Post by BigPeteTO »

Same here. Season 2 Disc 2 cannot be read. I checked the disc in my Panasonic player and it plays just fine.

I get this notice:

"The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc"

I am new to this and have read elsewhere that a file called keydb.cfg is supposed to help. I'm on a Mac and have no idea where to place this file. Apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

This is the very first disc that MakeMKV has failed to open.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

UHD FAQ

You can read the FAQ, but the short version is, MakeMKV downloads keys for UHDs when it needs them and stores them on your computer. You shouldn't need to download things manually. If the log has message about the download failing or being disabled, then a further discussion might be necessary.
Mistress Elemental

Post by Mistress Elemental »

Why not disc 1? Strange thing is disc 2 is working fine for me, but not disc 1. I did notice it generated 2 dump files, so maybe my version has 2 keys. Unsure if I should submit them as it sounds like it may have already been submitted, but I am not sure. Is there a way to verify do I don't overload them with duplicates?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Is the dump file your system generated the exact same filename as the one posted? If they are different, then you need to submit your dump as well.

The Mandalorian S2 Disc 1 Dump Sent

All the Mandalorian threads could've been a single thread, but folks opted to create new threads.
rwgrier

Post by rwgrier »

dcoke22 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:24 pm
All the Mandalorian threads could've been a single thread, but folks opted to create new threads.
That's my fault. Sorry about that.

First time submitting a dump file. I wasn't sure if a thread would work or new posts.
Mistress Elemental

dcoke22 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:24 pm
Is the dump file your system generated the exact same filename as the one posted? If they are different, then you need to submit your dump as well.

The Mandalorian S2 Disc 1 Dump Sent

Same here, first time ever posting but from what I can see, my dumps are different, but can't be 100% sure. These are the two I have, but only submitted disc 1 since disc 2 worked.
MKB20_v77_THE_MANDALORIAN_SEASON_2_DISC_1_CC5C.tgz
MKB20_v77_THE_MANDALORIAN_SEASON_2_DISC_2_4E54.tgz
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Mistress Elemental wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:30 am
Same here, first time ever posting but from what I can see, my dumps are different, but can't be 100% sure. These are the two I have, but only submitted disc 1 since disc 2 worked.
MKB20_v77_THE_MANDALORIAN_SEASON_2_DISC_1_CC5C.tgz
MKB20_v77_THE_MANDALORIAN_SEASON_2_DISC_2_4E54.tgz
If your disc 2 worked, then you only needed to submit disc 1. There are undoubtedly plenty of folks who submit dumps that don't post on the forum and that's fine. The nice thing about posting on the forum is you can include the name of your dumps so others can know what dumps have been submitted. Duplicate submissions don't hurt anything, but I don't imagine getting dozens of duplicate submissions helps much either.

If someone posted that they emailed a dump that is the exact same name as one of your dumps, then you don't need to email yours. You need only be patient. :)
Mistress Elemental

dcoke22 wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:26 am
If someone posted that they emailed a dump that is the exact same name as one of your dumps, then you don't need to email yours. You need only be patient. :)
So I guess that is my question, since they did not define the name of the file, and instead just says "S2 Disc 1", can I know it's the same one submitted? Especially since their disc could be say a UK version or something since they did not specify, so it would be totally different. I know if I'm patient, it will eventually be added by someone that sent it without posting, or the one he sent was the same version, but why not "try" to help if I can anyway, at least if I can't 100% confirm they sent the same one anyway. I guess that's the way I saw it, lol.
murx75

Post by murx75 »

Hi,

just sent download links fo the dumps of my two "German" discs of Mandalorian:

MKB20_v77_THE_MANDALORIAN_SEASON_1_DISC_1_95F4.tgz
MKB20_v77_THE_MANDALORIAN_SEASON_1_DISC_2_4CCA.tgz

Cheers!
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:30 pm
So I guess that is my question, since they did not define the name of the file, and instead just says "S2 Disc 1", can I know it's the same one submitted?
No, you can not.
Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:30 pm
Especially since their disc could be say a UK version or something since they did not specify, so it would be totally different. I know if I'm patient, it will eventually be added by someone that sent it without posting, or the one he sent was the same version, but why not "try" to help if I can anyway, at least if I can't 100% confirm they sent the same one anyway. I guess that's the way I saw it, lol.
It doesn't matter the geography; it matters the encryption key used for the disc. When MakeMKV produces dumps, if two copies of the same title produce dumps with the exact same name, then those two copies will be unlocked by the same encryption key. Also, if they produce dumps with different names, they'll be unlocked by different keys.

In any case, I agree. If you don't see that someone has submitted the same dumps as you, then you should email them in.
Mistress Elemental

Thanks for letting me know. Just out of curiosity, how long does it usually take for the keys to be added? I just tried again and it still did not work. I saw in another post that someone said the dump I provided was already in there, but its now downloading the key if it is. I already verified I have the options to download the keys enabled, and was able to reach the server, so I dont think the problem is on my end. Its very odd.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

It takes from 1 hour to 458 days. Usually on average 48 hours but it all depends on when Mike gets to it.
rwgrier

Post by rwgrier »

The key must have been added to the config. Everything worked successfully today.
Mistress Elemental

rwgrier wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:48 pm
The key must have been added to the config. Everything worked successfully today.
SWEET! Yup, I was finally able to rip it. Awesome, thanks all!