Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
ionblue

Re: John Wick 4

Post by ionblue »

MSCloude115 wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:57 pm
ionblue wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:36 pm
Now I'm just starting to lose my patience. It's been a full week since I sent the first dump and 4 days later sent it again.

MakeMKV v1.17.4 darwin(arm64-release) started
Optical drive "BD-RE ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.10 KLUJ5MD3517d" opened in OS access mode.
Using LibreDrive mode (v06.3 id=0FA242DD4D0B)
Using direct disc access mode
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Saved AACS dump file as ***/Library/MakeMKV/MKB20_v77_John_Wick-_Chapter_4_51AE.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc

:(
Mike stated that while the site and forum are up and running the keys are not and I’m positive he will update when it is. The rest of us are waiting as well so we are gonna have to have patience.
I’m trying. Starting to think my hk file isn't getting updated. I get the same info if internet access is on or off. What/where is that file on Mac if I want to try and brute force this thing?
Resurface9634

Post by Resurface9634 »

My 2 disk from amazon is working now. THANK YOU! :D
ionblue

Post by ionblue »

I removed the _private_data file and tried again. This time it downloaded the latest and I'm happily ripping away. Thanks Mike.
ionblue

Post by ionblue »

Ha ha ha.... I have to laugh cause after all that patience (or not) I have a bad disk. 2 drives, same failure pretty early on and the disc is clean as a whistle. Oh well. At least I'll be able to "try" to rip the next one when it arrives.
brett1958

Post by brett1958 »

broken then it not... thank you for the update
ionblue

Post by ionblue »

2nd copy was good... even though it literally had a palm print on the backside. Definitely the worst disc I've bought over the years. And that's saying something! :D Good wiping did the trick. Just glad it actually ripped this round.
Auss1e.mkv

Post by Auss1e.mkv »

Wasn't able to rip the Aussie 4K release from StudioCanal, which is just a clone of the U.S disc with the Lionsgate logo on there and everything. Maybe different keys for the pressings they did for international distributors. Sent in my dump.

File name: MKB20_v77_John_Wick-_Chapter_4_D002.tgz
DrWalrus

Post by DrWalrus »

Also failing to rip the Aussie 4k steelbook, I've submitted my dump file too: MKB20_v77_John_Wick-_Chapter_4_D002.tgz. hopefully turn around on this is quick. looking forward to adding this to my collection
Auss1e.mkv

Post by Auss1e.mkv »

DrWalrus wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 1:01 pm
Also failing to rip the Aussie 4k steelbook, I've submitted my dump file too: MKB20_v77_John_Wick-_Chapter_4_D002.tgz. hopefully turn around on this is quick. looking forward to adding this to my collection
I've just been able to open my Aussie 4K disc! Same D002 dump file as you. Try it again and make sure your MakeMKV downloads the new HK file :)
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Yep, I just picked up the Aussie Steel book from JB Hi-fi and is currently ripping!
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
matttowns509

Post by matttowns509 »

So I was able to rip the movie. I got it from Amazon, watched it last night. Noticed this morning when I woke up to go back and check out a couple of scenes there were only two chapters. I happened to have just ripped the entire disc so I replaced it with the other of the same size into the folder and same deal. Only two chapters.

I am such a n00b at all of this I don't even know how to articulate what I am seeing and I don't know where to start looking. Can I get a little (big) nudge in the right direction?

Thank you!

-matt.
goodavis

Post by goodavis »

Hello Mine also will not rip
MKB20_v77_John_Wick-_Chapter_4_0426.tgz
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

matttowns509 wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:05 pm
So I was able to rip the movie. I got it from Amazon, watched it last night. Noticed this morning when I woke up to go back and check out a couple of scenes there were only two chapters. I happened to have just ripped the entire disc so I replaced it with the other of the same size into the folder and same deal. Only two chapters.

I am such a n00b at all of this I don't even know how to articulate what I am seeing and I don't know where to start looking. Can I get a little (big) nudge in the right direction?

Thank you!

-matt.
Matt, in MakeMKV you should see that 00800.mpls (FPL_MainFeature) is the playlist you want and it contains 16 chapters.
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
matttowns509

Post by matttowns509 »

Hi Marty, thank you, I'll go look! :D
matttowns509

Post by matttowns509 »

MartyMcNuts wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:13 pm
matttowns509 wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:05 pm

Thank you!

-matt.
Matt, in MakeMKV you should see that 00800.mpls (FPL_MainFeature) is the playlist you want and it contains 16 chapters.
Thanks McNuts, I'm good!