John Wick 4

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
lfoust

Re: John Wick 4

Post by lfoust »

Here is how this release mapped out for me: https://thediscdb.com/movie/john-wick-c ... es/2023-4k
athines

Post by athines »

I am running an LG bu40N on the 1.03mk firmware on linux and while I am able to rip other UHD blurays, this disk spins up then back down and doesn't want to read at all- doesn't even show up in makemkv. I was able to rip the non-uhd version (I have the US 2-disk set, non steelbook) and the first one I got from amazon I thought the disk was the issue - there was a crack at the hub of the disk so I assumed that was the problem. I returned the amazon one and got another copy from target and it has no crack but does the same thing - UHD disk doesn't spin-up fully and doesn't show up for me to try to rip. I popped another 4k uhd disk in (thor love and thunder) and it works fine, power-cycled the system, and tried again and the john wick 4 disk doesn't show up. Any suggestions?

Edit:
I tried fast X, another BD-100 and it *also* did not want to show up in the drive. Suspecting now that the drive is the issue I carefully wiped down the bluray diode in the drive and now it is reading JW4! So that may have been the ticket.
tonymc

Post by tonymc »

I'm struggling with John Wick 4 also. I'm on a Mac, registered MakeMKV user. _private_data.tar was updated today.

It reads through the main feature for quite some time, and then the errors start with (with lots of repeats):

Code: Select all

Error 'OS error - (ipc/send) invalid destination port' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/02798.m2ts' at offset '24992612352'
Error 'Posix error - Device not configured' occurred while reading '/dev/rdisk10' at offset '24992612352'
Error 'OS error - (ipc/send) invalid destination port' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/02798.m2ts' at offset '24992612352'
Error 'Posix error - Device not configured' occurred while reading '/dev/rdisk10' at offset '24992612352'
I've restarted the drive and MakeMKV, didn't help.

MakeMKV v1.17.6 [darwin(arm64-release)]
License type: Registered
Drive: BU40N 1.00

(Edit: This is the Amazon 4K UHD version.)
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Seems like the drive is using too much power and resetting during the middle of the rip. Make sure both USB plugs are plugged into high powered ports, perhaps with a powered USB hub.
tonymc

Post by tonymc »

Nope, that's not it. I hooked it up to a much stronger USB power source, rebooted everything and tried again. Same result, same places.
tonymc

Post by tonymc »

I switched from the Mac to a Windows computer. Still can't save the file, but the error is different - multiple claims that 02798.m2ts is corrupt at various offsets.
I wonder if I got a new pressing with harder copy protection.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

You just have a bad disc and/or a drive that simply doesn't like it. It's nothing more than that.

Sent from my SM-S928U1 using Tapatalk