Failure to rip BTTF Part 3 (UHD)

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Davidpe76

Failure to rip BTTF Part 3 (UHD)

Post by Davidpe76 »

Hi,

Managed to rip Back the to Future 1 & 2, but 3 is giving the "failed to open disc" error.

Damn was hoping to watch all 3 in a row, error data was saved but I could not attach due to
'quota error"

I am using licensed version.
polskasubie

Re: Failure to rip BTTF Part 3 (UHD)

Post by polskasubie »

you need to submit the dump file to svq@makemkv.com

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24711
Exrill

Post by Exrill »

Davidpe76 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:28 pm
Hi,

Managed to rip Back the to Future 1 & 2, but 3 is giving the "failed to open disc" error.

Damn was hoping to watch all 3 in a row, error data was saved but I could not attach due to
'quota error"

I am using licensed version.
Mhhhh.. Interesting, I take it that you are ripping from the Boxset "Back to the Future the Ultimate Trilogy" you see I kind of have this problem BUT with with Back the to Future 1 the disc makes my Asus drive spin like crazy.
Davidpe76

Post by Davidpe76 »

Thank You
scorp508

Post by scorp508 »

I also had issues with this box set over the weekend. The UHD discs for parts 1 and 2 were the two I couldn't rip. They'd open, but various errors until failure with my Asus drive. Disc 3 ripped fine. The drive sounded like it was ready to lift off to space.

Back to the Future: Blu-Ray fine, 4K fail.
Back to the Future Part II: Blu-Ray fine, 4K fail.
back to the Future Part III: Blu-Ray fine, 4K fine.

BD-RE ASUS BW-16D1HT flashed to 3.10.
binaryflow

Post by binaryflow »

Anyone can provide more insight about this? I was going to buy it, as I'm a BTTF die hard fanboy (I confess...)
AMCross

Post by AMCross »

got the same BUT disc 1 and 3 read ok

disc 2 reads one minute but fails the next and seems to be seeking back and forth
scorp508

Post by scorp508 »

For what it's worth, I've made no changes other than upgrading MakeMKV to 1.17.5 from its previous release and I was finally able to rip Back to the Future 1 & 2 UHD discs, which previously failed.

I can't say for sure if it was the version upgrade, the latest HK download, or something else for sure. I recently retried a different UHD disc (Ralph Breaks the Internet) which always failed in the past and it worked, so then I retried a couple other previously failed UHDs which also worked. I popped in my BTTF 1 & 2 UHD discs and on the first try both ripped successfully.
ben_uk

Post by ben_uk »

I haven’t yet come across a single disc that I’ve been unable to rip. Granted, some discs have been very difficult and needed 40-50 attempts at opening but eventually they have all opened and decrypted.
Slimjinxs

Post by Slimjinxs »

I'm struggling to back up all three movies on the UK version Ultimate trilogy boxset. Any ideas? :x :x :x :x

Thanks in advanced.