Star Trek: Strange New Worlds 4K disc 2 - Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
CalicoSkies

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds 4K disc 2 - Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB

Post by CalicoSkies »

I was ripping my copy of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds 4K, and disc 1 ripped successfully, but with disc 2, I am getting these errors at about 7GB of data in the first file. This is after a fresh PC start, so neither the drive nor the PC were too warm. I'm not sure if it might be the disc or my drive?

Code: Select all

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00083.m2ts' at offset '0'
Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00083.m2ts' at offset '0'
demon

Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds 4K disc 2 - Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB

Post by demon »

Usually output like that indicates the drive is having read issues, either due to the read surface being less than clean or (possibly, but less likely) impending drive failure. Did you carefully clean the disc? If you have, have you exchanged it for a new copy? Sometimes there are manufacturing issues.
lujan

Re: Star Trek: Strange New Worlds 4K disc 2 - Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:INVALID FIELD IN CDB

Post by lujan »

I'm just getting an error on disc 3 where it indicates "unable to decrypt". I have the 4K regular (not steelbook) that came out on June 13th so I sent the .tgz file in.
CalicoSkies

Post by CalicoSkies »

I ended up getting it to rip successfully by re-flashing my optical drive with a different firmware.
trant

Post by trant »

lujan wrote:
Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:13 pm
I'm just getting an error on disc 3 where it indicates "unable to decrypt". I have the 4K regular (not steelbook) that came out on June 13th so I sent the .tgz file in.
Had any luck with this? I had a similar thing. First two discs ripped fine, but the third resulted in:
Using LibreDrive mode (v06.3 id=4C194CE2C4D1)
Using direct disc access mode
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Downloading latest HK to C:\Users\_____/.MakeMKV ...
Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed.
Saved AACS dump file as C:\Users\_____/.MakeMKV/MKB20_v77_Star_Trek-_Strange_New_Worlds_-_Season_1_(Disc_3)_C376.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
I checked the locked thread about HK issues and am wondering if the server is down? All my settings seem right, and haven't ever had that issue previously.