Rocky - which title to select?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Timberflake1983

Rocky - which title to select?

Post by Timberflake1983 »

Hi all, I'm trying to rip the 4k version of Rocky and have two options, both of which are 57.9gb in size:

Title information
Name: Rocky (English)
Source file name: 00801.mpls
Duration: 1:59:35
Chapters count: 24
Size: 57.9 GB
Segment count: 1
Segment map: 62
File name: Rocky_t01.mkv

Title information
Name: Rocky (English)
Source file name: 00800.mpls
Duration: 1:59:35
Chapters count: 24
Size: 57.9 GB
Segment count: 1
Segment map: 62
File name: Rocky_t03.mkv

Is this one of those instances where they put scenes out of order on one of the titles? And if so, which is the correct one?!
Ezatoka

Re: Rocky - which title to select?

Post by Ezatoka »

Both playlists have the same segment map, and there is only one segment inside: 62. So they both have the same video.

I assume, what I have seen from many BluRays, that there is a separate playlists, which has the same video and audio, but the subtitles include Japanese, which wasn't to be found on the other playlist.
Radiocomms237

Post by Radiocomms237 »

Agreed, the difference is in the playlists themselves, there are not different versions of the movie (in this case).

Most of the time it's the Japanese language tracks in a separate playlist, sometimes they have the commentary separate (usually when there's a picture-in-picture track involved), sometimes with a different chapter edition (although the count appears to be the same here you'd have to compare the timecodes to be sure), but it could be any of a dozen reasons really.

You will need to examine what's in each playlist, you may even end-up having to rip both and muxing the different tracks together afterward?
Krawk

Post by Krawk »

Usually the first track, say 800, is English. Track 801 might have a different language in the credits or on any scenes that might say what location they're in or other info. A TV show like Law & Order, every time you hear the doink doink sound the screen has text on it stating where they are.
SMD88

Post by SMD88 »

Why IS the Japanese language in a different title? I found that strange. I personally choose the Jp one so there are less things to un-tick! Although I am fluent in Japanese, so I will leave it in if I am curious or want to watch in Jp such as Sonic. Too bad Sonic 2 has no Jp track :(
Radiocomms237

Post by Radiocomms237 »

I'm not sure, I think it's only really Universal Pictures that does it so you'd have to ask them. And why is it only ever Japanese?

It's a pain because it means I have to rip both playlists and mux the Japanese language tracks back into the main file again afterward (I try to keep ALL available language tracks from a disc), which takes three times as long!