The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
maczrool

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Post by maczrool »

Anyone gotten this to rip yet? It's been out almost a week. I did submit the dump early on, but not sure if it's just because the keys haven't been generated or something else is going on.
Balthazar2k4

Re: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Post by Balthazar2k4 »

I submitted last Tuesday and figure we should see support soon. Probably today or tomorrow.
rexoverdrive

Post by rexoverdrive »

I am also having trouble ripping this disc
maczrool

Post by maczrool »

This rips in DVDFab, but still not working in MakeMKV. Not sure what the problem is.

Edit: Actually, DVDFab messes up the Dolby Vision somehow with a solid green screen, so it doesn't seem to be a viable solution either.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

While you are waiting for the key to be updated in MakeMKV, do the following:

1) Rip to FOLDER with DVDFab. Full disc folder backup, no compression
2) Open the folder backup with MakeMKV
3) Rip to Dolby Vision MKV
4) Enjoy

I do this whenever I run into the same situation and it's taking a bit extra for MakeMKV to get updated. Works fine.
maczrool

Post by maczrool »

Thanks for the tip. I am having trouble generating a folder in DVDFab that MakeMKV can make use of for this. It doesn't see any of the files and doesn't let me select a directory anyway
neglectedpets

Post by neglectedpets »

I was finally able to rip this disc today so check to see if you can open it now.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

I just select the full disc option in DVDFab, then select an output directory. It puts it in a bunch of sub-folders in there.

In MakeMKV, drill down til you find the index.bdmv in the BDMV folder, and open that. It'll then open it as a folder structure and you can process it as normal.
maczrool

Post by maczrool »

Thanks again. I tried that and the ISO option but MakeMKV always failed saving to mkv. It looks like this title is natively supported now anyway. Ripping successful!
rexoverdrive

Post by rexoverdrive »

Today I was able to rip the 4K from Dark Sky Films. Thanks!
lujan

Post by lujan »

Just got the disc today but was not able to rip. "The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted." :(

DVDFab isn't working as well. "DVDFab detected tha the connected drive ... is a 4K UHD Drive, but it's not a backup-friendly one due to the incompatible firmware. DVDFab UHD Drive Tool can downgrade the incompatible firmware to make it bakup-friendly. Would you like to proceed now?"

I chose "No".
rusty100

Post by rusty100 »

I can't seem to rip this one either. Windows won't recognise the disc at all. My drive is friendly and I have the correct firmware downgrade. This is the only disc of mine that just isn't recognised, so MakeMKV isn't able to read it either. My PS5 reads it just fine though. Anything that can be done in this case?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

rusty100 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:06 am
I can't seem to rip this one either. Windows won't recognise the disc at all. My drive is friendly and I have the correct firmware downgrade. This is the only disc of mine that just isn't recognised, so MakeMKV isn't able to read it either. My PS5 reads it just fine though. Anything that can be done in this case?
The usual
Clean the disc with a damp lint free cloth and dry with another
Replace disc
Clean drive laser
Replace drive
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com