Post by dolbybob »

Rocky IV dump
Attachments
MKB20_v77_Rocky™_IV_D042.tgz
(3.37 MiB) Downloaded 99 times
dcoke22

Re: Rocky IV Dumps Submitted

Post by dcoke22 »

Hopefully you also emailed the dump to svq@makemkv.com.

UHD FAQ
niteflyr

Post by niteflyr »

Rocky IV works now for me.
maczrool

Post by maczrool »

How do we get the Rocky vs Drago version ripped? I either get a failed rip or the theatrical version no matter which version I try.
maczrool

Post by maczrool »

Got it to rip. It's the smaller of the two video files despite being slightly longer. I had to clean the disc. I noticed the Knockout Collection discs are all covered with a foggy substance and it just happened to prevent Rocky vs Drago from being read and nothing else.
lfoust

Post by lfoust »

I was able to rip the disc which is part of the Rocky Knockout Collection. Should be the same physical disc as the individual release. Here is how it mapped out for me: https://thediscdb.com/movie/rocky-iv-19 ... 4k/discs/1
tben579

Post by tben579 »

lfoust wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:06 pm
I was able to rip the disc which is part of the Rocky Knockout Collection. Should be the same physical disc as the individual release. Here is how it mapped out for me: https://thediscdb.com/movie/rocky-iv-19 ... 4k/discs/1
I recently got the Knockout collection too, and successfully ripped all the discs just fine. This is off topic, but wanted to get your thoughts/advice. I normally convert my rips to use on my Plex server.

Seems like no matter what method or settings I try (x265, x264, AV1, etc..), the converted file is barely any smaller than the original ripped file. With all of my other UHD discs, I see a pretty significant size difference between the rip and converted file. (I try to find a balance of high quality but not having to store a bunch of 40GB+ files on my plex server. If I want lossless, I'll just pop the disc in)

Do you do any sort of conversions with the ripped file? Have you run into anything similar with these? Just wonder if I'm missing something, or if it has something do with these being older movies. Thanks!
lfoust

Post by lfoust »

tben579 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:23 pm
Do you do any sort of conversions with the ripped file? Have you run into anything similar with these?
I don't mess with converting the files after I have ripped them. I know that more modern codecs (like those used on 4K blu-rays) tend to be more efficient so re-encoding them will often not yield much size savings.