The Matrix Reloaded, 'Scsi' and 'OS' errors.

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
scorp508

The Matrix Reloaded, 'Scsi' and 'OS' errors.

Post by scorp508 »

MakeMKV 1.17.3 on Windows
ASUS BW-16D1HT with LibreDrive firmware

Hi everyone.

I am ripping my brand new The Matrix 4- Film Deja Vu Collection (4xUHD and 4x1080p discs) and one disc is giving me trouble.

Seven out of eight discs in the collection rip perfectly. Only the The Matrix Reloaded UHD disc fails every time roughly 1.00-1.10 GB into the rip. The disc looks nice and clean with no visible defects. The labels on these discs are basically a black background then all lettering is mostly clear to the other side creating a frosted look for the text. Discs before and after this troublesome one rip fine. I have not tried to play it start to end in a disc player.

Any ideas or am I going to need to look for another disc? Thank you.

Log below...

Code: Select all

Saving 1 titles into directory /The Matrix Reloaded (2003)
Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts' at offset '1321992192'
<repeat same exact error dozens of times>
Error 'OS error - {Device Timeout} The specified I/O operation on hs was not completed before the time-out period expired' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts' at offset '1321992192'
Error 'OS error - {Device Timeout} The specified I/O operation on hs was not completed before the time-out period expired' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts' at offset '1321992192'
Error 'OS error - STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts' at offset '1321992192'
Error 'OS error - This device does not exist' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts' at offset '1321992192'
Failed to save title 1 to file /The Matrix Reloaded (2003).4k.mkv

Encountered 35 errors of type 'Read Error' - see http://www.makemkv.com/errors/read/
0 titles saved, 1 failed
dcoke22

Re: The Matrix Reloaded, 'Scsi' and 'OS' errors.

Post by dcoke22 »

Those errors indicate MakeMKV was unable to correctly read the disc. See the handy rip errors post.

More than once I've had to clean a brand new disc to get it to read correctly. Ultimately, I've found that some optical drives just don't like some discs. I now have 3 different optical drives. When a disc doesn't work in my 'main' drive, I try it in a different drive. Most of the time, the disc works fine. If it won't work in any of my drives, I clean the disc, then it usually works. Very rarely, I've had to replace a disc.
scorp508

Re: The Matrix Reloaded, 'Scsi' and 'OS' errors.

Post by scorp508 »

I gave it a cleaning and kept trying, but it kept failing right around the same point. Before getting a second drive I returned the set to Amazon and bought it a second time. Thankfully the same disc in the next set ripped without issue. :)