Infinity War

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
jtscribe

Infinity War

Post by jtscribe »

I've seen several posts of others having problems with Infinity War, but those threads kind of petered out without a solution.

My drive (Asus BW-16D1HT with firmware 3.10) flawlessly rips every other disk I've thrown at it. I've tried three different copies of Infinity War, and they all fail at the layer shift, right around 50%. I've tried both encoding from disk as well as backing up to a folder with no success; I'm currently trying a folder backup on the third disk after the encoding failed.

No amount of cleaning/polishing with lens cleaner and microfiber towels seems to make a big of a difference, and, again, I've tried three disks with no joy.

Is there a better drive out there for handling layer shifts? I've currently got dual 5.25 internals; my secondary drive is a Blu-Ray/HD-DVD combo that could definitely be replaced if there's something better.

Thanks in advance!
jayper

Re: Infinity War

Post by jayper »

LG BU40N is a tank.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

The pioneer drives also work very well. I have both the bu40n and a Pio in an external USB case and both absolutely rock.
jtscribe

Post by jtscribe »

Update: found a BP50NB40 on the shelf at my local Best Buy for $104; a couple of firmware flashes later it successfully ripped Infinity War and a few other UHDs I picked up on my trip. Always good to have a backup! :D