Casablanca

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
dnywlsh

Casablanca

Post by dnywlsh »

I submitted the AACS dump for the Casablanca UHD disc in mid-December, but it's still failing to open for me:

"Saved AACS dump file as /MKB20_v77_Casablanca_3205.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc"

How long does it normally take for them to update the keys?
d00zah

Re: Casablanca

Post by d00zah »

dnywlsh wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:02 pm
I submitted the AACS dump for the Casablanca UHD disc in mid-December, but it's still failing to open for me:

"Saved AACS dump file as /MKB20_v77_Casablanca_3205.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc"

How long does it normally take for them to update the keys?
From the UHD FAQ (recommended reading):

I submitted a dump, how long does it take?
Once submitted, the turnaround can be pretty fast, between 12 to 48 hours. However, it can also sometimes take several days or longer.
When you submit a dump, ensure that:
- You are using the latest version of MakeMKV.
- You are using a LibreDrive-enabled drive (be it "friendly" or "official", but it must be LibreDrive enabled).
- You have "Enable Internet access" enabled in Preferences (in the General tab), so that MakeMKV will check for updated keys when you try to open the disc again.
- You are opening the original disc (not a backup, not ISO).
- You are opening the disc using a real disc drive natively (no elby clonedrive, no vmware, no dvdfab or discsoft virtual, etc).

Also see Fixing Volume Key is Unknown
dnywlsh

Post by dnywlsh »

I saw all of that already. I have Internet, and it's successfully able to contact the server.

I'm just surprised it's taking over 1 month now after I emailed the dump file, when the website says it should only take a few days.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

It's reputed to be a manual process & it's possible it was overlooked? Can't hurt to resubmit to svq@makemkv.com
dirtyragamuffin

Post by dirtyragamuffin »

It's 7 months later on this thread and Casablanca 4k UHD still won't decrypt. I re-submitted a dump file today.
T-Wrex_13

Post by T-Wrex_13 »

I've also sent my tgz dump in yesterday. No update yet, but I'll continue to check over the next few weeks. Usually sending the file dump in results in a very quick turnaround for me.
Sunoo

Post by Sunoo »

I was able to successfully rip Casablanca 4K yesterday.
T-Wrex_13

Post by T-Wrex_13 »

Sunoo wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:12 pm
I was able to successfully rip Casablanca 4K yesterday.
What version of Make MKV were you using? I've tried updating to the latest version, making sure I'm connected to the internet to pull down the proper files, and nothing has worked. At this point I'm considering just waiting awhile and trying again
Sunoo

Post by Sunoo »

I’m still on 1.17.3 because I didn’t bother upgrading yet.
dirtyragamuffin

Interesting, I'm using 1.17.4 which is apparently the latest and greatest version available currently. I'm definitely connected to internet and receiving most recent data. I confirmed "Enable Internet access" is checked in settings and the usual stuff. Still can't get MakeMKV to find the key and open the disc. Not that it probably functionally matters, but I have a paid lifetime license also. Dump file attached.

Not sure if there are multiple versions of this UHD release, but my disc's UPC is 883929788590, case with slipcover, I wonder if this is the same one others are also having trouble with and different from those who are having success? I still can't get it to work today.
Attachments
MKB20_v77_Casablanca_D001.tgz
(81.29 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
dirtyragamuffin

Updating to say that I just tried it again and it worked! Much thanks for any update that got pushed out to make that happen-
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

dirtyragamuffin wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:09 pm
Updating to say that I just tried it again and it worked! Much thanks for any update that got pushed out to make that happen-
The last four digits of the name of the .tgz file indicate the difference between 'keys'. The OP's last four digits were '3205' based on the file name posted. Yours was 'D001', so the key needed for your disc is different than the OP's disc. It is not uncommon for a single UHD title to have different batches of discs that need different keys. It is most helpful to post the name of the .tgz file you emailed in to svq@makemkv.com. That way others can know if their dump is the same or different. If you're not sure, it doesn't hurt to email your dump even if it might be a duplicate.
frogurt

Post by frogurt »

I was unable to rip this UHD Blu-ray, so posted another dump file here:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32100
VeryWittyName

Post by VeryWittyName »

I emailed Casablanca 4DF1 over late last week, I still can't decrypt it.
chronomac

Post by chronomac »

Emailed 6299 file in.