Is it possible to create a Dolby Vision MP4 for Plex on LG?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Dolbywhysopain

Is it possible to create a Dolby Vision MP4 for Plex on LG?

Post by Dolbywhysopain »

Hello,

I've recently gotten a LG G2 and have been wanting to move fully over to running my media from a plex server. The only issue so far is finding a way to convert a blue ray with Dolby Vision, into a MP4 file with Dolby Vision. I'm running a Second Gen 4k Apple TV as the player and it runs Disney rips fine as it's profile 5 in a MP4 container, MKV seems to have a color layer problem.

Think the problem is with my blue rays using profile 7 and not profile 5. So does anyone have steps on how they convert the dual layer profile 7 to single layer profile 5 or have converted into a good format that will play on LG TV's via the Apple TV 4k plex app?

Now from what I've been reading it's not currently possible or just very buggy. Though figure this would be the best place to ask. Still pretty new to ripping but I'm very willing to learn.
Just here to learn.
dcoke22

Re: Is it possible to create a Dolby Vision MP4 for Plex on LG?

Post by dcoke22 »

Have you seen the giant thread Dolby Vision now possible through MP4 Mux.

It is probably best to start at the end and read backwards. The user RESET_9999 posted some potentially useful scripts.
Dolbywhysopain

Re: Is it possible to create a Dolby Vision MP4 for Plex on LG?

Post by Dolbywhysopain »

Thanks. I started reading it after my post. Currently on making an ISO then going to test out the dv-mp4-maker program that was created by someone in that thread.
Just here to learn.