Spotlight (2015)

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
backuptime

Spotlight (2015)

Post by backuptime »

Spotlight mkv rips seem to fail on this one for uncorrectable error. I've tried two different discs so far, and two different computers. I am trying a different blu-ray drive next.
It's odd to me that its always the same error, even on different discs.

The drive I'm using has no issues with other BD discs.

Also cant seem to find anything on this movie, so figured I'd post.

MSG:2003,0,3,"Error 'Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR' occurred while reading '/BDMV/STREAM/00800.m2ts' at offset '6650068992'","Error '%1' occurred while reading '%2' at offset '%3'","Scsi error - MEDIUM ERROR:L-EC UNCORRECTABLE ERROR","/BDMV/STREAM/00800.m2ts","6650068992"
MSG
Woodstock

Re: Spotlight (2015)

Post by Woodstock »

This issue can come from a defect on the disk, or a drive that has been pushed beyond its power limits (not sufficient DC power available for speed used).

The large offset indicates that the rip continued until the disk was up to a substantial speed. Is it external? How is it powered? Using one or more FULLY POWERED ports works best; plugging in to the same source might give you power to a certain speed, then the drive shuts down.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
backuptime

Post by backuptime »

It's a BP60NB10 with v1.02. I had it plugged into 2 usb ports, and then I also tried an external wall wart which was rated 1.5A, plus the 500mA from the mobo to push it over the 1.8A spec.

It doesn't seem to be related to speed as it reaches 4x for minutes before the unreadable occurs.

Wondering if it's a batch issue with the blurays?
backuptime

Post by backuptime »

Following up. I was able to make an encrpyted backup to my hdd. From there, I used MakeMKV to "open files" locally, which allowed me to decode and rip to mkv.

I have no idea why I couldnt do the typical process, but this is the path I had to take.