4K UHD Star Trek Box Set Discs

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
jcguess78

4K UHD Star Trek Box Set Discs

Post by jcguess78 »

Anyone else have trouble ripping the 4K Star Trek Box Set? I’ve used MakeMKV with my BU40N Drive and Man I’m having major trouble ripping these to PLEX. Major fps and voice/audio sync issues on and off throughout the films. Plus the Atmos track gets reduced to some pseudo-Atmos format. I had to return the first set I ordered due to manufacturing scratches that were totally unacceptable. The replacement set came flawless and I was hopeful in ripping them, but I can’t abide the major performance errors when viewed in PLEX, on PC or whatever. Handbrake couldn’t even fix the errors. The rips are awful. Should I chalk it up to a bad initial rip of all 6 movies and re-rip them again? I don’t know. I’ve never had this issue before. I’ve ripped the 4K versions of Top Gun, Spider-Man Into the Multiverse, Tremors etc. right after I ripped Star Trek and they all came out perfect. So I’m hoping I just had a faulty rip of Star Trek. I’ll try again and see. Just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience. Thanks in advance.
Billycar11

Re: 4K UHD Star Trek Box Set Discs

Post by Billycar11 »

It likely your playback hardware not supporting h.265 decoding.
Or your Plex server is trying to live encode it down to a lower format.
What's your playback hardware specs?
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
jcguess78

Post by jcguess78 »

Billycar11 wrote:It likely your playback hardware not supporting h.265 decoding.
Or your Plex server is trying to live encode it down to a lower format.
What's your playback hardware specs?
I have an MSI Z490 Motherboard with an i7 10700K CPU with quick sync and 64 GB 3200 MHz RAM on a 1Gig internet connection to an nVidia Shield Pro as the player. All of my other 4K rips play perfectly. Just these Star Trek rips are faulty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rsbonini

Post by rsbonini »

Also having difficulty with this disc set. Definitely noticed some imperfections in some disc surfaces. Did you have any luck with the second set?