How do you know what movies have DV

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
datman

How do you know what movies have DV

Post by datman »

I recently got a Sony 77a80j and discovered none of my MKV files have DV. I do remember now the makemkv could not do DV. I jug out the box with all my originals in it and I could not find one that had a Dolby Vision logo on it. It was not until I popped a star wars in and then I was able to set up my Oppo 203 for DV.

I do see there is what looks like a much more complicated way to make backups that will pass DV. I don't know when I will tackle that learning curve. It would be nice to know which ones have it.
Coopervid

Re: How do you know what movies have DV

Post by Coopervid »

MKV with DV is all new.

No support for your hardware. You should rip to folder or ISO for your Oppo. Then DV will work.
jayper

Post by jayper »

datman

Post by datman »

Coopervid wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:52 pm
MKV with DV is all new.

No support for your hardware. You should rip to folder or ISO for your Oppo. Then DV will work.
I thought wow that was easy. I tried a rip a folder works an ISO rip does not. Starts out playing fine then you get a Cinavia message and the audio is muted. I ripped with Anydvd is there another way to rip?
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

datman wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 5:52 pm
Coopervid wrote:
MKV with DV is all new.

I thought wow that was easy. I tried a rip a folder works an ISO rip does not. Starts out playing fine then you get a Cinavia message and the audio is muted. I ripped with Anydvd is there another way to rip?
Yes. You need to activate "Remove Cinavia" in the AnyDVD Program options and then rip with CloneBD.
datman

Post by datman »

Coopervid wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:42 pm
datman wrote:
Coopervid wrote:
MKV with DV is all new.

Yes. You need to activate "Remove Cinavia" in the AnyDVD Program options and then rip with CloneBD.
Apparently it's more complicated than that. Installed Clone BD checked "Remove Cinivia watermark from CloneBD audio stream duringcopy" Re ripped Jason Bourne and the Clone BD copy still has Cinavia. :(

So I'm testing if Clone BD can process it into a MP4 file and will it give me all I want. If so I'll buy it.
Coopervid

Post by Coopervid »

datman wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:15 am
Coopervid wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:42 pm
datman wrote:

Apparently it's more complicated than that. Installed Clone BD checked "Remove Cinivia watermark from CloneBD audio stream duringcopy" Re ripped Jason Bourne and the Clone BD copy still has Cinavia. :(

So I'm testing if Clone BD can process it into a MP4 file and will it give me all I want. If so I'll buy it.
Look over there in the CBD forum. I have posted answers for you.
kinglerxst

Post by kinglerxst »

Just to to Blu-ray.com site and type in the name of the movie you are looking to research and make sure its the correct version as each movie has many different versions
then look on the movies page at the top and it will say if its Dolby Vision or HDR10 or HDR10+ etc as well as the soundtrack of DTS:X, ATMOS, DTS-HD MA 7.1, etc etc
https://www.blu-ray.com/

This is also a great site to catalog all the BDs/UHDs discs you own so you know what you have/dont have/want to have