MKB20_v77__STAR_TREK_VI-_THE_UNDISCOVERED_COUNTRY_651C.tgz
kevin040474

Re: Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country

Post by kevin040474 »

wow the admin is fast Star Trek 6 already fixed now it works thanks
Digital moe

Post by Digital moe »

There must be a different key for the UK version I am getting a "Volume key unknown" will email the .tgz
ben_uk

Post by ben_uk »

Doesnt work for me, UK version here.
ben_uk

Post by ben_uk »

I submitted my report of the UK version not working by email. I presume that’s the correct process?
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

ben_uk wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:15 pm
I submitted my report of the UK version not working by email. I presume that’s the correct process?
Email the dump generated by MakeMKV. Particulars are detailed in the UHD FAQ (link below).
ben_uk

Post by ben_uk »

d00zah wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:24 pm
ben_uk wrote:
Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:15 pm
Email the dump generated by MakeMKV. Particulars are detailed in the UHD FAQ (link below).
Thanks, done that. I rarely buy discs at release so I’ve never encountered this issue before.

How does the “fix” actually come down to the software itself? Does makemkv actually reach out to the web at some point or do you have to manually download a new version or something?
morbius

Post by morbius »

If you have internet access enabled via View>Preferences>General it should be automatic in due course. I submitted .tgz files for the UK releases of Star Trek V and VI a couple of days ago, but it's the weekend and hopefully keys will be available in due course.
HD Goofnut

Post by HD Goofnut »

Has anyone had trouble with the Best Buy individual release of this? I can't even get my drive to recognize it.
morbius

Post by morbius »

The keys are available for the UK releases of ST 5 and 6. Like several other Star Trek UHD's, there are forced subtitles to watch out for (forced as embedded in the main track), so look out for those and depending on your playback platform, you might need to set a forced flag after ripping using something like mkvtoolnix.
morbius

Post by morbius »

morbius wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:35 pm
The keys are available for the UK releases of ST 5 and 6. Like several other Star Trek UHD's, there are forced subtitles to watch out for (forced as embedded in the main track), so look out for those and depending on your playback platform, you might need to set a forced flag after ripping using something like mkvtoolnix.
slight correction to my previous post, the UK release of ST 5 has the forced subs in a dedicated track (#22 if of interest), whereas the other classic Trek UHDs have them embedded in the main sub track.
ben_uk

Post by ben_uk »

Thanks so much for sorting ST5 and 6.

Yep, I can now rip them fine.
Digital moe

Post by Digital moe »

morbius wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:42 pm
morbius wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:35 pm
slight correction to my previous post, the UK release of ST 5 has the forced subs in a dedicated track (#22 if of interest), whereas the other classic Trek UHDs have them embedded in the main sub track.
Hold on are you saying there is no dedicated forced track on these disc expect 5? So if I want to see English translations of non English language dialogue I have to have the subs always on? Or do you mean the subs are burnt in?
morbius

Post by morbius »

For several of the Star Trek UHDs you'll need to check the forced subs option and makemkv will create a second subtitle track that just contains the forced subs. This authoring approach is unusual, but I come across it from time to time. The second track containing the forced subs will have a Default flag set, and depending on your playback platform, that may be enough for this track to be activated during playback automatically. However some platforms require an additional "Forced" flag for automatic activation, and this flag can be set using mkvtoolnix header editor after you complete the rip.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (16.8 KiB) Viewed 7452 times
Digital moe

Post by Digital moe »

I don't a single mkv I have ever ripped had the forced flag set, I always have to go in to MKVToolnix and set it myself. and I am pretty sure MakeMKV assumes every disc has a forced track but at the end of the rip it will tell you the forced track was empty so it removed. But if a disc does have a forced track it will rip it but not label or set a flag.