Green Lantern Beware My Power - Volume Key Unknown

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
stricq

Green Lantern Beware My Power - Volume Key Unknown

Post by stricq »

Trying to rip this movie but the volume key is unknown. I submitted the tgz file several days ago, but it still won't decrypt.

Do I need to do anything more?
Woodstock

Re: Green Lantern Beware My Power - Volume Key Unknown

Post by Woodstock »

You do have to have reading from the web turned on, for when the key is generated. You did this, correct?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
stricq

Post by stricq »

Yes.
stricq

Post by stricq »

Yay! It finally updated.
PrimalNaCl

Post by PrimalNaCl »

I got this disc, found the volume key unknown issue, sent the dump file, and heard nothing. Periodic checking never resolved it. So I find this posting.

What is the 'magic' for getting it to actually pull down the HK file? It keeps telling me that:

Automatic HK downloading is disabled or failed.

The only setting I can find that _might_ be relevant is View -> Preferences -> General -> Online updates -> Enable Internet access ... which I have always had checked .

So wtfo?!
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

That means something is interfering with your download. Since it has been "a while" since you started trying, it is likely a system setting that is preventing the host from being accessed. This is much more prevalent when you have 1.1.1.1 as one of your name resolution hosts, which is weird, considering this site uses their services...

Google name resolution seems to work better for a lot of things. They use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for name resolution, and do not seem to be likely to block as many names from being resolved.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
PrimalNaCl

Post by PrimalNaCl »

Woodstock wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:31 pm
That means something is interfering with your download. Since it has been "a while" since you started trying, it is likely a system setting that is preventing the host from being accessed. This is much more prevalent when you have 1.1.1.1 as one of your name resolution hosts, which is weird, considering this site uses their services...

Google name resolution seems to work better for a lot of things. They use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 for name resolution, and do not seem to be likely to block as many names from being resolved.
2 things:
0) I have only ever used google's dns servers since they have been around to be used.
1) I can get the sdf.bin or sdf.dat.gz files manually w/curl from the same box.

Further, there are no issues w/perms. The datadir for my user has FULL perms. I have even gone so far as to use a different datadir and bounce MakeMKV. The first thing it does is to download the _private_data.tar. So it's able to get data from the internet via some means. And even if I manually curl down the sdf.bin and sdf.data.gz, I still get:

MakeMKV v1.17.1 win(x64-release) started
Using LibreDrive mode (v06.3 id=0FA242DD4D0B)
Using direct disc access mode
Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.
Downloading latest HK to C:/MKVDATADIR ...
Saved AACS dump file as C:/MKVDATADIR/MKB20_v76_DC_Universe_Movie_Green_Lantern-_Beware_My_Power_8DE6.tgz
The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted
Failed to open disc

Why is this process fragile af?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

PrimalNaCl wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:14 pm
Woodstock wrote:

2 things:
0) I have only ever used google's dns servers since they have been around to be used.

Further, there are no issues w/perms. The datadir for my user has FULL perms. I have even gone so far as to use a different datadir and bounce MakeMKV. The first thing it does is to download the _private_data.tar. So it's able to get data from the internet via some means. And even if I manually curl down the sdf.bin and sdf.data.gz, I still get:

Saved AACS dump file as C:/MKVDATADIR/MKB20_v76_DC_Universe_Movie_Green_Lantern-_Beware_My_Power_8DE6.tgz
Failed to open disc

well actually the servers seem to be down today as im getting the fail message too just started testing some drives
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
MartyMcNuts

Post by MartyMcNuts »

Billycar11 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:13 am
PrimalNaCl wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:14 pm
Woodstock wrote:

2 things:

Failed to open disc

well actually the servers seem to be down today as im getting the fail message too just started testing some drives
Yep, I'm getting the HK is disabled or failed message too.... Perhaps @mike admin can chime in??
Cheers :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For UHD enabled drives (AU/NZ/SG) & DIY Single Drive Flasher (WW): https://www.uhdenableddrives.com
planedrop

Post by planedrop »

FYI also seeing this today with any discs that I have, so seems to still be down. Bad timing since I just started up my rip machine again lol (as in I thought something of mine was causing the issue but everything is whitelisted).

Hopefully things are back up soon though.
chuckthetekkie

Post by chuckthetekkie »

I'm getting that error too. Is there a way to get the new HK file and install it manually?
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

chuckthetekkie wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:55 am
I'm getting that error too. Is there a way to get the new HK file and install it manually?
Yes but it's not official and I'm debating removing it. Until I know further info
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
gtrogue

Post by gtrogue »

Woodstock wrote:

It isn't a configuration setting. I have the same problem with all 4K discs. The server has to be down or have some configuration issue. I've tried in two different locations with different network configs and with my firewall completely disabled. Besides, everything was working fine and nothing on my network has changed.
or8ital

Post by or8ital »

Getting same error
planedrop

Post by planedrop »

gtrogue wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:22 pm
Woodstock wrote:

It isn't a configuration setting. I have the same problem with all 4K discs. The server has to be down or have some configuration issue. I've tried in two different locations with different network configs and with my firewall completely disabled. Besides, everything was working fine and nothing on my network has changed.
Just figured I would chime in here with some info as well.

I did some packet captures and was able to verify DNS is getting the response it should on the machine I have with MakeMKV installed. The server it is trying to contact also WILL reply to pings, so it's not entirely down but something is configured wrong, at least that would be my best guess.