Gamer (4K)

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
Balthazar2k4

Gamer (4K)

Post by Balthazar2k4 »

I submitted Gamer back on Sunday and it still isn't supported in MakeMKV. Tried it with DVDfab Tuesday and it said it submitted the data, but it still doesn't work. What gives? Something special about this disc?
d00zah

Re: Gamer (4K)

Post by d00zah »

Balthazar2k4 wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:32 pm
I submitted Gamer back on Sunday and it still isn't supported in MakeMKV. Tried it with DVDfab Tuesday and it said it submitted the data, but it still doesn't work. What gives? Something special about this disc?
From the UHD FAQ (link in sig):

I submitted a dump, how long does it take?
Once submitted, the turnaround can be pretty fast, between 12 to 48 hours. However, it can also sometimes take several days or longer.
When you submit a dump, ensure that:
- You are using the latest version of MakeMKV.
- You are using a LibreDrive-enabled drive (be it "friendly" or "official", but it must be LibreDrive enabled).
- You have "Enable Internet access" enabled in Preferences (in the General tab), so that MakeMKV will check for updated keys when you try to open the disc again.
- You are opening the original disc (not a backup, not ISO).
- You are opening the disc using a real disc drive natively (no elby clonedrive, no vmware, no dvdfab or discsoft virtual, etc).

patience
Balthazar2k4

Post by Balthazar2k4 »

Thanks d00zah. I have submitted hundreds of dumps and even helped Mike back in the early days when UHD ripping became viable. That's why I find it interesting this one is taking so long. It isn't AACS 2.1, so I can only assume he must be on vacation :D
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Then you know he always gets to them.

Mike seems more "present" than usual, looking after bugs... he seems to be on top of things. He may have missed this submission, or he may just be busy?
Balthazar2k4

Post by Balthazar2k4 »

Looks like worries of Mike's abduction by the MPAA have been put to rest. Gamer is now supported.
Cesarleeds

Post by Cesarleeds »

This disc looks like it has an authoring issue, HDR will not work, although bdinfo states 4:2:0 -10 bits -BT.2020.

Does anyone how to fix it?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

They're chatting about it on the forums on blu-ray.com:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=351627