Watchmen - The Ultimate Cut 4k failed

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
darth_max

Watchmen - The Ultimate Cut 4k failed

Post by darth_max »

Hello,

I am freshly new in the makemkv community, but not so unfamiliar, when it comes to archive my big movie collection.
Previously I was using Passkey from DVDFab, but wasn't really glad with it (specially with the very annoying system behaviour during BD Ripping). So I bought makemkv yesterday (after an additional problem with the passkey software). And I have to say, that I love its clean and speedy interface. :D

After Archiving the copy in my storage, I convert them to a H.265 Movie via Handbrake. Always very problemless, I have to confess.
But today my brand new Watchmen - The Ultimate Cut arrived from Amazon. It came with an BD and UHD BD Disc. The "normal" BD Disc was of course no problem, but the UHD I was able to archive unencrypted.

I am using a xs07tuhd from Pioneer (since a week, because my older ASUS was getting more and more read failures). The error is the "Volume Key unknown" message and that the AACS is saved as file. :(
Does anybody have an idea?
dcoke22

Re: Watchmen - The Ultimate Cut 4k failed

Post by dcoke22 »

UHD FAQ

Check out the section for hashed keys.
darth_max

Re: Watchmen - The Ultimate Cut 4k failed

Post by darth_max »

Thats happened, when you post, before you read all to the end. :shock: :lol: :idea:

Thanks for the quick answer - mail was send yesterday evening.