A Clockwork Orange UHD issue

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
tmnt4eva2022

A Clockwork Orange UHD issue

Post by tmnt4eva2022 »

I keep getting an error saying error at so and so off set and then it tells me to many hash check errors but the file does finish what does this mean? I have ripped over 15 of my UHD discs from my personal collection and i check for anything that would come from the factory or the cases like smears or fingerprints.This is the one disc I can't figure out I have the latest hkey im at my wits end and tried three times to rip this correctly so far. Disc plays fine in my sony x700 all the way through no issues.
dcoke22

Re: A Clockwork Orange UHD issue

Post by dcoke22 »

The UHD FAQ has an entry on this topic in the Problems section.

Without seeing your actual error or log information (feel free to post it), we can only talk in generalities. However, very likely the optical drive is not correctly reading the optical disc. The standard advice is to gently clean your disc, even if the disc is brand new and seemingly plays fine in a blu-ray player.

If you have an alternative optical drive you can try, that's also worthwhile.
tmnt4eva2022

Post by tmnt4eva2022 »

I Can upload a log file I will have to rip it again. What would you suggest cleaning the disc with also even though I wiped it clean with a microfiber cloth. It’s just weird I ripped another 4 UHds today the predator series all fine.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Whenever I have to clean a disc, I use plenty of warm water and liquid dish soap. I lightly use the tip of my finger to go from the center to the edge of the disc and back again. I slowly work my way around the surface of the disc. The water is effectively a lubricant and the soap will clean off any oils or films on the disc. I rinse it with plenty of water to remove all the soap. To dry, I set the label side of the disc down on a towel and use a can of air to blow the water off the data side of the disc. My goal is to touch the data side of the disc as little as possible.

I've also had discs that just won't read in a particular drive, but they work fine in a different drive. This is why I now have 3 different optical drives.
tmnt4eva2022

Post by tmnt4eva2022 »

I really appreciate the tips if I wash the disc and still have the same issue I think I will take your advice and buy a 2nd drive I have a buffalo media player external blu ray drive flashed with libradrive atm might buy an internal.