Dolby Atmos (TrueHD) for Lawrence of Arabia not showing up

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
mikewilzn

Dolby Atmos (TrueHD) for Lawrence of Arabia not showing up

Post by mikewilzn »

I recently picked up this steelbook and I went to rip it and noticed that the Atmos track does not show up. I played the disc in my blu-ray player so I know the disc definitely has Atmos. Has anyone else ripped these discs and did or didn't get the Atmos track?
Screenshot_20220609_150544.png
Screenshot_20220609_150544.png (74.81 KiB) Viewed 1715 times

UPDATE: (2022-07-18)
After updating to 1.17.1 (linux), the audio tracks now show up correctly. Thank you Mike!
Last edited by mikewilzn on Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
dcoke22

Re: Dolby Atmos (TrueHD) for Lawrence of Arabia not showing up

Post by dcoke22 »

Blu-ray.com says Lawrence of Arabia (1962) has a Dolby Atmos soundtrack.

Your screen shot looks strange to me. It looks like the DD 5.1 English is 'attached' to the video line. I don't see that on my system. The audio lines are alway separate from the video line. Perhaps that's a display bug on your system? If you rip it and inspect the resulting .mkv file with MediaInfo, does it show the TrueHD track?

A screenshot from my system where the audio lines are separate from the video.
audio.jpg
audio.jpg (25.21 KiB) Viewed 1683 times
mikewilzn

Re: Dolby Atmos (TrueHD) for Lawrence of Arabia not showing up

Post by mikewilzn »

dcoke22 wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:49 pm
Your screen shot looks strange to me. It looks like the DD 5.1 English is 'attached' to the video line. I don't see that on my system. The audio lines are alway separate from the video line. Perhaps that's a display bug on your system? If you rip it and inspect the resulting .mkv file with MediaInfo, does it show the TrueHD track?

A screenshot from my system where the audio lines are separate from the video.
audio.jpg
I noticed that as well and thought it was weird. I just recently installed OpenSUSE Tumbleweed and am using a pre-built binary for MakeMKV. Maybe there's something wrong with it. I will compile it from source and see if the issue persists. And yeah I did actually rip it as well and mediainfo only shows the DD+ track in the mkv.