1917 4K Problems

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
sterks89

1917 4K Problems

Post by sterks89 »

I am unable to rip 1917 on 4K or regular blu-ray. The drive makes awful noise and is leaving marks on the disks. I confirmed other disks work just fine so I do not believe it is the drive at the current time. I have a LG WH16NS60 drive. Is it possible that specific movies do not work, seems odd? Either way, I have initiated a return on the current disc set and am awaiting shipment for a new set. If anyone has any other ideas to try in the meantime, please let me know.
dcoke22

Re: 1917 4K Problems

Post by dcoke22 »

I have successfully ripped that movie; probably on my LG WH16NS60.

That said, it has been my experience that some discs just don't seem to work in some drives. This is why I now have 3 different LibreDrive optical drives (an LG, an ASUS, and now a Pioneer). Whenever I come across a disc that won't work in my 'main' drive, I try it in one of the other drives. More often than not, it works fine. In the rare case when it won't work in any of my drives, I try gently cleaning the disc. If it still won't rip, I replace the disc. I've had to do this on less than 1% of the discs I've ripped.
The drive makes awful noise and is leaving marks on the disks.
If the disc is seated in the drive properly, I don't think the drive should ever be making marks on the disc. Others on this forum can comment on this topic better than I can, but if a drive is making marks on a disc, something seems wrong.