Quantum of Solace - volume key unknown / internet access enabled - it's been 2 weeks?

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
fnhanks

Quantum of Solace - volume key unknown / internet access enabled - it's been 2 weeks?

Post by fnhanks »

I've sent TGZs for previous discs and they usually get added within a few days. I was A) surprised to see that my disc for Quantum of Solace didn't work right off the bat, given it's an older movie, but B) I've sent the keys twice now and it's been over 2 weeks and it still doesn't work. I do have internet access enabled for it to check.

Is the team currently away / not able to add keys at the moment? Would really like to try ripping this disc before my return period dries up to ensure I don't have any issues with the disc.
fnhanks

Re: Quantum of Solace - volume key unknown / internet access enabled - it's been 2 weeks?

Post by fnhanks »

Coming up on 3 weeks now. Is there another email address I can send them to or another way to reach out to someone on the MakeMKV team? I really need to make sure this disc actually works before my return window is up.
Ezatoka

Re: Quantum of Solace - volume key unknown / internet access enabled - it's been 2 weeks?

Post by Ezatoka »

You can always create an encrypted backup of the disc. Then you should be able to come back later.

Then at least you know, that you can read the disc physically.
fnhanks

Post by fnhanks »

Oh fantastic, I didn’t know that was an option. I will do that tomorrow.

Can you still do anything with that encrypted backup later, such as turn it into a mkv after the fact? Assuming it’ll phone home looking for the volume keys at that point, as opposed to the original rip?
Ezatoka

Post by Ezatoka »

There will be a file called discatt.dat which - so I understood - contains the volume keys for the disc. So if you come back later and tell MakeMKV to open files and select the discatt.dat file, it will be like opening the encrypted Bluray within your drive, and if the key is known by then, you can proceed to create MKVs.

So is my knowledge and I hope someone wants to confirm.
fnhanks

Post by fnhanks »

Is there any way else to contact the team? It's been over a month now at this point, and it's getting pretty ridiculous.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

fnhanks wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:58 pm
Is there any way else to contact the team? It's been over a month now at this point, and it's getting pretty ridiculous.
have you tested with the offline keys i have made avliable you replace your privatedata.tar with mine and see if it works if it does the problem is on your end not makemkv
in the guide one of the last links
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
hinchy56

Post by hinchy56 »

Billycar11 wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:14 am
fnhanks wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:58 pm
have you tested with the offline keys i have made avliable you replace your privatedata.tar with mine and see if it works if it does the problem is on your end not makemkv
in the guide one of the last links
I'm having the same problem with the same disc. Have also submitted my .tgz and have also tried your _private_data.tar. No dice.
fnhanks

Post by fnhanks »

I was finally able to get a response and they sent me a txt file with the keys. I've attached the file. Adding this into the data directory allowed me to rip it. I'm not sure what's going on, on their end, but they were unable to successfully add the keys. Never had an issue with them adding keys before.
Attachments
QUANTUM_OF_SOLACE_F539_keys.txt
(191 Bytes) Downloaded 109 times
hinchy56

Post by hinchy56 »

fnhanks wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:33 pm
I was finally able to get a response and they sent me a txt file with the keys. I've attached the file. Adding this into the data directory allowed me to rip it. I'm not sure what's going on, on their end, but they were unable to successfully add the keys. Never had an issue with them adding keys before.
Thanks! This worked.