Gladiator 4K - first ever failure to rip

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
kingston12

Gladiator 4K - first ever failure to rip

Post by kingston12 »

I've been a MakeMKV user for many years now, and have ripped my whole collection of almost 1,000 discs.

There have been a few problems along the way, but all got sorted out, until I tried to rip Gladiator 4K.

I've now tried three copies of the disc, two different UHD drives, and MakeMKV on two Macs and one PC.

The strange thing is I get different error messages every time - sometimes the disc won't load at all, sometimes it almost makes it al the way through the rip, and everything in between. I've probably tried 30 times now!

I've search the forum and can't find much relating to this title, so was wondering if anyone else had any problems with it, or any advice to resolve?
raptorrich

Re: Gladiator 4K - first ever failure to rip

Post by raptorrich »

Sounds like my story but with various discs.

About the same time, May-ish 2022, I started having a lot of difficulties ripping. Interested in any opinions.
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

I've successfully ripped the 4K Gladiator. I don't recall having any particular difficulty with it.

It has been my experience that some drives just won't read some discs. This is why I now have 3 optical drives (an LG, an ASUS, and now a Pioneer). If a disc won't read in my 'main' drive, I try it in another drive. More often than not it'll rip just fine. If none of my 3 drives will read it, I try gently cleaning the disc. If it still won't read (a very rare occurrence), I have to replace the disc.
Axel Folel

Post by Axel Folel »

Having trouble with this disc and more. Im using a Verbatim slim UHD drive and the disc is detected fine but key is unknown. My internet connection is fine and no errors with connecting with servers etc. Also Im getting key unknown with Lord of the rings box set 4k? will try more 4k discs later. I got log dumps, I just thought it weird cos these are old films.

anyone successfully mkv'ed these films?